TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Towing and Hitching
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2013, 07:23 PM   #11
rspinn

Ed,

I just installed the Anderson WDH on my 2922 with a swing away hitch. I knew I was not going to be able to install it at the "standard" length, so I wrote to the company and asked if links could be added or removed. Here was their response (also in the instruction manual).

"You can SHORTEN the chain (maximum of 3 links shorter) or ADD several inches to the chain (as many links as needed) with no adverse effect."

I ended up adding roughly 6 links in order to position it behind the propane tanks.

Good luck!
Bob
rspinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 02:42 PM   #12
eddugo

Hi Bob
I was just looking at that today. I would have to add 8 links and make a frame bracket that would fit a 10" frame as in that area i have an extra piece of frame welded on to hold up the horizontal tanks and the slide support arms. Does yours have a bigger frame in that area? Did you make a bigger bracket? Thank you in advance for your help.
Ed
eddugo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 05:40 PM   #13
clown9644

I have the swing away and used a Pro WDH for 1200 pounds (I think). It fit perfectly behind the swing point, chains are near vertical. I will try to find the man and model from the invoice and post it here.

Dave

Here is the web: http://www.proseriestowing.com/conte...ID=1625&part=0 They do not sell direct but have a dealer locator, just put in your zip. Bad memory but think under $250
Old 08-31-2013, 05:00 AM   #14
scrubjaysnest
TrailManor Master

Between all the interference, frame cracks, and faulty welds I took the TM to a welding shop in Perry and had them repair everything and do away with the swing feature. Check this post http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...5&postcount=13
or the entire thread. http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...+hitch+failure

We have the old style trunnion Reese hitch. I had extended the arms to clear everything. Also we had the factory version of the swing hitch. When I called the factory about using the WDH a couple of years ago they said a WDH would not work with some swing hitches. My thoughts FWI.

mods: 2- 100 watt solar panels, on roof, 300 watts portable

“They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” Benjamin Franklin
scrubjaysnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 09:50 AM   #15
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

The photo below was taken for a discussion of propane tanks, but it shows the snap-up brackets for my Reese hitch described in post #10 above. As can seen, the brackets are well aft of the swing hitch joint.

Bill
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TM 002 (Small).jpg
Views:	55
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	9083  
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 04:20 PM   #16
rspinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddugo View Post
Hi Bob
I was just looking at that today. I would have to add 8 links and make a frame bracket that would fit a 10" frame as in that area i have an extra piece of frame welded on to hold up the horizontal tanks and the slide support arms. Does yours have a bigger frame in that area? Did you make a bigger bracket? Thank you in advance for your help.
Ed
Ed,

I have a 2922KB, so my frame is the same height (5") throughout the tongue. I was able to use the stock 5-6" brackets. I ended up using 1 3/8" quick-coupler to join the factory chain to 7 extra links of 3/8" chain.

I took the setup out for the first time this weekend and it seemed to hold up pretty well...

Bob
rspinn is offline   Reply With Quote