TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > How to and Modifications
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2013, 09:08 PM   #1
moneeleann

Default My camper and all of its mods....

I searched through the forum for information, and bought my camper last fall. For those of you who remember, I got an incredible deal, because it had some roof issues. We fixed those all up, and we are in love...

I have pored through threads on the site, and have tried to do many of the things that others of you have done, just to make things easier on me. I am normally setting up by myself, with a 7 year old, 4 year old, and 1 year old. Sometimes my 16 year old son will come along. Rarely do I set up with my husband around, as he doesn't have near the time off I do. So most of my mods are for maximizing space and making things easy...

I didn't do a very good job of putting these attachments in order, sorry. My first time at this, lol. I usually host my own pics.

1) is of the new stair rugs we installed, to match the camper. Previous owner had one pretty sad looking one on there. The new ones make it look much better.

2 and 3) is of the shelves I installed in the wardrobe. I originally took the wardrobe out, as we don't hang clothes in it. Then I decided I needed a place to put stuff to keep the counters clean. I used 1/4 birch plywood for the shelves, 3/8 inch square dowels for the shelf supports, and 1x3x12 pine for the side panels. The side panels are velcroed to the interior wall, so they can be moved if I need taller/shorter shelf space. The dowels slip into grooves I cut, and the shelves sit on top. Works perfectly, and very lightweight.

4) is the main pic of my TM. 2005 3023. Love it to death. Pull it with a 2008 Chevy Uplander.

5, 6, and 13) are of the recent upgrade I made making it all powered for leveling. These pics show the remote control keyfob that controls the levelers, the new Bal Scissor jacks I installed on the front, with attached Bal Power packs to raise and lower them, and the Ultrafab PowerTwin 2 on the back, with more lifting power to level. I have to say, it makes setup a breeze, and I can do everything with the baby on my hip!

7) Is the shower curtain mod. I used butterflies, as my girls love them. Makes the shower much more pleasant. Whoever first thought of this, good job!

8) The nifty collapsible step stool I found. First time I've ever seen a two stepper. Folds great, and holds over 250 without a problem. The girls use it to get in and out of the back bed, which is theirs.

9 and 10) a couple of inside shots, showing my lcd tv that I hang on my bathroom wall and a little of the color scheme.

11) my TM came with the microwave option. Removed that and bought the oven option. Love it, we cook with it nearly every day we're camped.

12) along with the power levelers, removed the old tongue jack and installed an electric one. Makes using the WDH much easier. Although.... I did a good job of making sure the shells would clear it. Forgot to determine if the car would clear it... discovered last weekend that once hooked up, I can't open or close the back of the minivan.... darn. Oh well, worth the trade off!

Sorry for so much in one post, I just have never had the time to get pics of everything for you all. Above all, thanks to all of you who have been so supportive!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0781 (Small).JPG
Views:	558
Size:	102.6 KB
ID:	8396   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0766 (Small).JPG
Views:	567
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	8397   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0767 (Small).JPG
Views:	548
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	8398   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0780 (Small).JPG
Views:	562
Size:	122.2 KB
ID:	8399   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0779 (Small).JPG
Views:	551
Size:	114.2 KB
ID:	8400  

Name:	DSC_0775 (Small).JPG
Views:	570
Size:	106.1 KB
ID:	8401   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0768 (Small).JPG
Views:	587
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	8402   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0769 (Small).JPG
Views:	588
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	8403   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0772 (Small).JPG
Views:	591
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	8404   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0773 (Small).JPG
Views:	597
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	8405  

Name:	DSC_0771 (Small).JPG
Views:	558
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	8406   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0776 (Small).JPG
Views:	533
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	8407   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0774 (Small).JPG
Views:	542
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	8408  
Old 05-16-2013, 09:36 PM   #2
RejoiceWay
Site Sponsor

Nice job!!! Wondering where you found the 2-step stool?
Old 05-16-2013, 10:52 PM   #3
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

How do you like this stool? I have seen it on line an considered it but was still undecided. I think I saw Amazon.

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

What's new...we went to all LED lighting and love them.

New 3/25/16 two new horizontal propane tanks.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:27 AM   #4
CrazyCampers

I am so impressed! I got my TM in the fall also. We have installed the refrigerator/fan switches and done organization but not much else yet. I did buy a new plastic two step stool for the rear bed. I found it at Home Depot for ten dollars. It doesn't fold but I figure I can put it in the tub during travel. I plan on doing the shower mod next trip. It will be nice to get rid of one curtain.

I never realized how nice it must be that the TM has a tub for parents with little ones. A lot of trailers only have a shower pan.
Old 05-17-2013, 09:41 AM   #5
moneeleann

I actually bought the two step stool at camping world, because I was using a coupon. It runs about 25 bucks on amazon. Totally worth it. Not only is it really sturdy, it opens and closes in a really unique way that is easy to work. My 4 year old can open and close the stool by herself.

You're right, having the tub for the kids is fantastic. I had the shower/toilet cassette combo in my popup, and I would give the kids a "tub" in it, but it only held about 2-3 inches of water. This allows me to fill the tub up more, and give them a good soak. Plus, I run the kids through from cleanest to dirtiest, and use the same water, lol.
Old 05-17-2013, 09:39 PM   #6
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

I really like your butterfly shower curtain.

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

Old 05-17-2013, 10:52 PM   #7
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

My hat is off to you and your ability to take 3 small children camping, tow the TM, park it, and do all of these things by yourself, including the mods.

Everything looks great!

Your kids must love the TM, I wish that we'd had ours when the kids were younger. The bathtub must be great to have for the little ones.
Old 05-18-2013, 06:19 AM   #8
Dave99gst

looks like your all set for some serious camping !
Dave99gst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 07:07 AM   #9
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

How is the white coat rack/ hook attached to the wall in the 5th phot...the picture with the blue bed? Do you remove it for travel?

Old 05-18-2013, 10:17 PM   #10
Kidkraz
Site Sponsor

Default Great work

You did some great mods. I've thought about getting the BAL motors, are you able to lift your rig when leveling?
I added a hanging cloth shelf on my last trip. I can hang stuff on the front side and still hang other folded items in the shelf on the back half of the closet.
Kidkraz is online now   Reply With Quote