TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > How to and Modifications
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2012, 11:47 AM   #11
moaboy

For you brave souls who use your Thetfords " with no limitations" with using Aquachem etc do the solids ever liquify? Sorry for the picture this paints, I've just not used our toilet for anything but #1, but wonder how well it works if you use it for everything and without the mod.
Old 06-27-2012, 12:06 PM   #12
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

The only toilet mod I've done is remove the vinyl skirt, and now and even before then, solids have always liquified. The only liquification problem I've ever experienced is with toilet paper, and I use the Thetford brand. For a visual, see post #32 in this "Thetford Virtual Tour" thread:

http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...?t=8112&page=4

Of course, even if you use your toilet for urine only, if you put TP down the chute, there's a decent chance yours will look like this too, minus the tinting enhancements (at least sometimes, and if you don't backflush when dumping).

Dave
ShrimpBurrito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:43 PM   #13
ThePair
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by moaboy View Post
For you brave souls who use your Thetfords " with no limitations" with using Aquachem etc do the solids ever liquify? Sorry for the picture this paints, I've just not used our toilet for anything but #1, but wonder how well it works if you use it for everything and without the mod.
Solids liquefy after a while, but I can still on occasion see something when using the Flush King. But, why are you asking? It's not like you need to see it...it all goes down the hose when you dump.
ThePair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:58 PM   #14
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePair View Post
Solids liquefy after a while, but I can still on occasion see something when using the Flush King. But, why are you asking? It's not like you need to see it...it all goes down the hose when you dump.
Unless the hose comes off of the fitting attached to the trailer, which it did on one of our first trips. Luckily it was only used by one person for #2 on that trip. What a mess! The young girl at the kiosk gave us a broom and a dustpan to clean it up when we asked for a shovel or something. We just kind of herded the "little dogie" & all the TP into the sewer hole with the broom. Another learning experience for us. Knock on wood, hasn't happened since then. We tightened that fitting big time.
Old 07-11-2012, 07:08 AM   #15
Tom-417

Default Bloopers Section

Here's one for the Blunder/Blooper/Goof-up section for the forum.

I ordered my prodigy brake controller but didn’t order the harness to match my vehicle, just trying to save a few bucks. After all, I worked with all kinds of weapons and their delivery systems in the Air Force. I should be able to hook up a brake controller that only has four wires. After mounting it to the dash, I first connected it (with fuse) to the battery and ground. Then I ran the brake wire to the Bargman connector, and did a great job hiding the wire. I saved the brake switch connection for last because it would be the easiest. Now the last time I changed a brake switch there were only two wires to it. To my great surprise this brake switch had ‘leventy-seven wires going everywhere. The wiring diagram must have looked like an overturned can of worms. I know the brake switch must talk to the computer before it will allow the gear shift to come out of park, but what do the other wires go to? Homeland security?

It was Saturday evening and the garage I normally use had long been closed for the weekend. After scratching my head for a few minutes I hit on a perfect solution. I would run another wire along-side the brake wire I had run earlier, and connect it to the vehicle’s brake light. Simple solution, but definitely in the genius category. Turning on the turn signal, I quickly found the brake wire and installation was finished. Calibrating the controller was the last task. And after the reassuring tug from the trailer, it was obvious the brakes were working. Yep, you got it. Every time my turn signal blinked, I felt the trailer’s tug. I was getting to be quite proficient at taking my tail-light out of the fender well by now. This time I got the DW to press on the brake pedal while I looked for the 'brake' light wire.
Old 07-11-2012, 09:21 AM   #16
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom-417 View Post
Every time my turn signal blinked, I felt the trailer’s tug.
Tom, you just hit on a stroke of genius, but didn't recognize it. You had just reinvented the early form of anti-lock brakes!

Dave
ShrimpBurrito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 03:47 PM   #17
Tom-417

Default Reinventing early ABS

Dave,

That's me, the reinventer of the out dated.

When I realized what I had done, I turned around and headed back home. I didn't want to use my left turn signal anymore but was afraid not too. And I was afraid to turn down the prodigy's setting because in the case of an emergency, it wouldn't be there when I needed it most. Catch 22.