TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Towing and Hitching
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2004, 10:20 AM   #11
2619PDX

Default Re:2003 Chevy Tahoe 5.3L

Geezer:
Like Larry, I also tow my TM model 2619 with a 5.3L 2001 Tahoe 4WD. We also love the combination.

I can pull the mountains here in the West at 55 to 60 depending on the grade... And on the flats, Look out! I sometimes look down and am cruising at 75! YIKES...

In fact in travelling through Nevada last summer, I'm surprised the TM didn't pass me, we were cruising so fast...

If you go with a TM, we promise you'll love the combination.

Gregg
Old 03-13-2006, 09:02 AM   #12
BobWilson
Site Sponsor

Default Chevy Tahoe Hitch question

I am currently using an Astro Van with EAZ-Lift pulling 2720SD. For those of you using the Chevy Tahoe, is it necessary to use a weight distribution hitch on that vehicle? Just asking because I always disconnect the tow vehicle at the campsite. It would be nice not to have to deal with the set up each time.
Old 03-13-2006, 07:54 PM   #13
Caver
Site Sponsor

Default Tahoe

Bob,

Yes, I use a WDH with our Tahoe. I also added an electric tongue jack which both makes setup faster but takes the sweat out of the job. Ray
Caver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 07:11 AM   #14
Civil_War_Buff
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobWilson
I am currently using an Astro Van with EAZ-Lift pulling 2720SD. For those of you using the Chevy Tahoe, is it necessary to use a weight distribution hitch on that vehicle? Just asking because I always disconnect the tow vehicle at the campsite. It would be nice not to have to deal with the set up each time.

Hi Bob,

I do use a WDH (Eaz-lift) while towing my TM. I like having the option to keep things "on the level" when the load in the back of the Tahoe varies. ANd I just have an added sense of security with it there.
2016 KZ Spree Connect C250BHS
2003 Chevy Tahoe
Civil_War_Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 08:11 AM   #15
Pat Stafford

Smile Towing with a Tahoe

We use our 98 Tahoe to tow our 3124KS and have had no issues except a bit more tongue weight than we expected probably due to the single axle. Adding a WDH brought everything back up level. Towing in the mountains was not an issue but you do lose performance in higner elevations obviously.

There are another discussion about towing in general including using cruise control. We use it for long flat stretches with no issues. Our ideal towing speed is 65MPH with best mileage being achieved at about 60MPH.

Our Tahoe has provided us with 90K miles of trouble free boat and trailer towing including construction project materials. We do normal recommended maintenance and change oil between 3 to 4K miles.

Good luck with yours. We will likely buy another tahoe when the wheels fall off of this one.