TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Towing and Hitching
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2003, 10:07 AM   #11
Steverino

Default Re:Honda Pilot w/tow package

Regarding the Pilot's permissable weights - my dealer also gave aerodynamics as the main reason for the weight "split" (3500/4500). Taking advice from elsewhere on this board, if you take the TM factory's dry weight figure for a 3023, plus the cargo weight, that's 4,092 lbs. maximum trailer weight. Most folks probably won't load to the max. anyway. IMHO, the Pilot should be able to handle this quite well, given the relatively low profile TM. One of the selling points of these trailers is that you don't (shouldn't?) *have* to have a large truck to tow them. Some minivans may be a bit on the light side (usually 3,500# capacity), but a small-ish SUV like the Pilot may be a good compromise choice. It's mileage is comparable to a minivan, plus you get AWD.

So far (if it isn't already obvious), the Pilot is at the top of my TV list at this point. For each factor (comfort, reliability, AWD, tow ratings, passenger & cargo room, mpg) it presents the best set of compromises for us. Now I just have to rob a bank...