TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Towing and Hitching
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2003, 08:51 AM   #1
2swans

Default towing rigs

hello, everybody! we've been off the board for quite awhile. this is my first post on new board, and i'm not at all sure i'm doing this right .
we tow successfully with a 1997 land cruiser w/ the old standby chevy in-line 6 engine, which comes standard in our model cruiser. we do very well-- we don't make 55 on the mountain road from durango to silverton(!), but we do 45mph. it CERTAINLY beats our volkswagon vanagon, which was pulling nothing! in fact, God rest it's "soul", the VW met it's final demise on that road 3 years ago.
we put our heavier gear in the back of the cruiser, and watch what we load into the TM on long mountain trips. on shorter trips, or on long straight trips(to so. dakota) we have a ball pulling the TM. in fact, we have had no probs whatsoever with this combo .
we needed the cruiser to reach alpine lakes, leaving the TM at a base camp below. we tent at the lakes. so far, we've been very happy with our set-up. if you're interested in land cruisers, i can advise on how to get one at a price you probably would consider quite reasonable : :!
hope that helps somebody out there in TM country !
2swans
Old 10-10-2003, 08:56 AM   #2
2swans

Default gee, i hope that didn't...

...sound like a commercial for land cruisers or where to buy them--i know that's not allowed on this great board. i am not advising on who or what dealer to get a car from--just have a system that worked well for us when we went cruiser hunting! thanks. hope i haven't blurred the rules here :-\! 2swans
Old 10-10-2003, 09:29 AM   #3
mjlaupp
Site Sponsor

Default Re:gee, i hope that didn't...

[quote author=2swans link=board=20;threadid=1429;start=msg10051#msg1005 1 date=1065797791]
...hope i haven't blurred the rules here :-\! 2swans
[/quote]

Rules? What rules? Do we have rules? Nothing got broke.

Good info. Keep it coming.

MJL
mjlaupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 04:43 PM   #4
Happytrails

Default Re:towing rigs

Sure would like to see some pics from Alpine lakes in the Campgrounds and places to visit section! We love out of the way places, and want to go cross country some time in the future, maybe next year and love to see places like that. You say you use the TM as a base camp, how was the camping, what was it like? (You can put that in the Campgrounds and places to visit section as well, even if ya don't have pics)......

[glow=red,2,300]Happytrails.......[/glow]