TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Tires Tires Tires
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2011, 05:51 AM   #1
luvmymanor1
BannedUsers

Default dexter bearing model numbers please help

I have a 2005 model 2720 and may need to change out the bearings. I want to be prepared in case I have to. I'm on the road and already went to dexter.com to get all of the distributors near me. However, an e-mail to ed at TM has not been fruitful. I'm not sure what are the model numbers of the bearings needed on the 3500 lb. axle. the underside recieved a fresh coat of anti rust inhibitor so I can't climb under the TM to check this. I have taken out and inspected the bearings in the past and resurched the model numbers then but I cant find them now. When you really need something is when you usually cant find it. lol. please help if you can.

I believe this is the innner bearing http://dexteraxle.com/inc/sdetail/1073/1061 not sure what the outer bearing model numbers are and can't confirm the above are the inners.

these are definatly the grece seals that I did switch out as you can't inspect the bearings without removing these and are very hard not to damage upon removal.
I am a cheating freeloader. I have signed up for a Free Trial Membership 8 times under different names. I have received much thoughtful help from the forum members, but I am not grateful. I will not pay my fair share of the board expenses. I think you should pay it for me. You guys are suckers.
luvmymanor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 07:56 AM   #2
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

Using the SEARCH function of the forum, I found this thread:

http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ad.php?t=11418

You will also need a 1.72" ID grease seal (Dexter part #010-019-00), and a 1" ID round tang washer (like this one).

Dave
ShrimpBurrito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 11:37 AM   #3
luvmymanor1
BannedUsers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShrimpBurrito View Post
Using the SEARCH function of the forum, I found this thread:

http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ad.php?t=11418

You will also need a 1.72" ID grease seal (Dexter part #010-019-00), and a 1" ID round tang washer (like this one).

Dave
well I already have a grease seal from the last time I went in there to inspect the bearing and have it in my hand and can confirm that it is the exact model number you mention above. my tang washer is a bit different than the one you show above. I'll check the link above. I'm not sure what I did wrong but my search did not yeild that link???
I am a cheating freeloader. I have signed up for a Free Trial Membership 8 times under different names. I have received much thoughtful help from the forum members, but I am not grateful. I will not pay my fair share of the board expenses. I think you should pay it for me. You guys are suckers.
luvmymanor1 is offline   Reply With Quote