TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Tires Tires Tires
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2009, 12:50 PM   #11
gocntry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al-n-Sue View Post
Good suggestion. Checked tirerack.com and they have the 15" Marathon (load rating D) for $91 - but $38 to ship.
I Took The $91.00 Print Out From Tirerack To My Local Merchant's Tire (Tire Kingdom, NTB All Same Company) And They Pricematched It And Order Them For No Additional Shipping.

So If You Have One Of Those Near You Give It A Shot
Old 07-22-2009, 01:52 PM   #12
Al-n-Sue

Default Looks like GY Marathons are the choice

Found a local independent dealer who sells Goodyear - must be a franchisee since he has a Goodyear sign, but is not listed on the Goodyear site - but he can get Marathons (225/75 R15, load range D) for $92, plus balance and stems (metal!). Mounting is free. Stems are $3 - most places I looked charged $5. Probably be a week or two before I have time to get in there, but in plenty of time before my long Labor Day weekend trip - where I was most concerned about my existing tires surviving.

The information I say says the load range D tire in this size is rated at about 2400+ lbs. That should be plenty since my 3124 weighs 4240 lbs (weighed it pretty much ready to camp - no water, but batteries, propane, and all options in place).

I'll keep you all posted on progress. And thanks for all the advice and direction.
Alan
Old 07-25-2009, 05:35 PM   #13
RogerR

I blew both my 18 month old Marathon 14s this month. My local Goodyear dealer did replace them for free under warranty. That didn't help the time lost on road and the work of changing them on the side of the busy freeway. Since I wouldn't run without a spare I bought the same size TOWMAX brand tire. Even though it is the same size it is to thick to put on the spare tire rack. So I am back to using my original equipment Marathon as a spare.
Old 07-25-2009, 08:01 PM   #14
tdepouw

Default tires

Make sure the dealer knows how to put the metal stems on. I switched to metal stems with new Kuhmo tires this year and one started to leak. I had a slow leak, 1# a day till it was down over 10#,(in storage) and then it stopped. I had to buy new stems at NAPA dealer since tire store did not carry them. 200 miles into trip the other one started to leak, pulled tire off and had it repaired at next town with the spare stem and made it the spare. The next day the third metal stem from the original spare started to leak, the alarm did go off both times I lost over 15 lbs. So in some ways I'm glad I had it, but the metal stems were the cause of my problem. I stopped at a goodyear store and had all the metal stems replaced with rubber stems. We drove 8,000 miles this summer and no further issues. If anyone wants a tire Pressure Pro system with 2 caps, let me know. I don't think I will go back to a monitor system at this time.