TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Camping Recipes
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2008, 02:35 PM   #1
bigben8011

Default foil babies

this is a good camp diner when you are sittin around the campfire.
place a fistfull size of meat( we have done this with sausage, and chicken make sure chicken is well done after cooking) in the middle of a sheet of foil
place the following in there also
taters (sliced 1/4" thick)
carrots(baby cut)
onions
garlic
cabbage
or anything else ya want in there.
I normally put about 2 table spoons of ketchup and a glug or two of water and seal foil tight. sometimes for the foil babies that get big it is a good idea to double wrap or triple wrap them. the idea is the water steams the veggies and helps the meat keep from sticking.
place package on top of coals and turn about every 5 -10mins after about 4rolls or 20 -40minutes take off cut pouch open and enjoy. the best thing is there is only the foil to clean up.
Old 05-27-2008, 03:09 PM   #2
BrigCA61

That sounds good and simple. I love meals like that because we usually spend the day hiking or involved in other activities and there's not much energy left for a big cooking event.

I made something similar during our camping trip this weekend at the beach. Purchased some fresh rock cod filets from a local fisherman, seasoned with dill weed, and other seasonings with a little salt, placed the fish onto a buttered sheet of foil along with some lemon slices and diced onion and then sealed the foil packet... cooked approx. 10 minutes per side on a covered bbq til done and then just ate it out of the foil pouch.......very delicious. I also made a baked potato by slicing it into 1/2 in. pieces (skin still left on) and then added a thin slice of onion and a slice of butter in between each potato slice... wrapped it tightly in foil and cooked it in the covered bbq for approx 25 minutes til done.

I was thinking of doing something similar with apples or other fresh fruit, like peaches, pineapple, plums, etc... and adding some sugar, cinnamon and when done, finally either fresh whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream as a desert.
Old 05-27-2008, 04:14 PM   #3
bigben8011

baked apples goes well with this or mountian pies. seen that on here allready so I am sure ya know what they are.