TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Towing and Hitching
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2007, 04:23 PM   #31
Freedom

I like to use some stuff called Dupont Teflon Multi-Use Lubricant. I get it at Home Depot and on the front of the can it says "Sets up dry." I use it on the jacks, too, and it doesn't attract dirt like oil and grease do. It lubricates better and without the mess IMHO.

p.s. Also works well on the screw-type garage door opener. (i.e. Genie)
Old 05-16-2007, 08:24 AM   #32
Carol Hagy

I grease the ball every time I go out. I didn't know about the other but will make note to do that as well. Thanks.
Old 05-16-2007, 09:41 AM   #33
fishpondwest

I tow a 3124ks with an 03 pilot and reese wdh.
The key to proper adjustment is the height of the ball on the tv and the spring tension you put on depending on the chain link you use.
You have to experiment a little on a flat surface with a tape measure to measure the height from the ground of the front and rear fender wells.
Don't forget to have the tv and trailer loaded as you would when you travel.
Except for needing more torque, a longer wheel base and bigger brakes, the pilot has worked just fine for me. I will look for the things that the pilot lacks when I get my next tv, but for now, the pilot works just fine and is quite level.
ps. I also installed aftermarket airlift airshocks on the rear. They are adjustable and allow me to firm up the ride and stiffen the suspension in the rear which makes it a little easier to adjust the pilot level.
Dan
Old 05-24-2007, 10:27 AM   #34
Fastboatguy

Default Any issues backing up w/WDH?

Hello all, Picked up a 1998 3023 a couple weeks ago and I'm takin' it out this weekend to a Jellystone in WI. I have never towed with a WDH before and want to know if you can back up as normal with one attached without any adjustments.BTW, you all have been lifesavers as I had to get an owners manual from TM and I just got it 2 days ago, but was familiar with just about everything from this forum. Thank you in advance. FBG
Old 05-24-2007, 12:30 PM   #35
Fastboatguy

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Camper View Post
You can make turns and back up easily with a WDH, but not with a sway bar. You don't need a sway bar anyway with a TM.
Thank you sir, that's what I thought but one of my bonehead buddies swore up and down that you can't. He was was talking sway bar and I was talking WDH. This clears it up. Thanks, Mike.