TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Towing and Hitching
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-13-2007, 10:44 AM   #11
grakin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Camper View Post
Congratulations on your new trailer.
I met the Car Show folks last June during our National Rally. They are great to deal with...
Which options did you get?
Also, we would like a trip report from you after your first outing, even if it is in your dirveway...
It's got a few smaller options, but the big ones are the A/C, the awning (I'm not a fan of awnings - too windy here to ever use them, but I will probably use it when I'm somewhere other than this state - I remember as a kid always thinking that people who drove big RVs with awnings through Wyoming were nuts, you always saw the awning torn off the side of their vehicles, but the TM awning looks fairly sturdy when stowed so I have hope it will survive if I don't put it out when windy), a 40 gallon water tank, and the 80 watt solar panel. It also has dual 6V batteries.

The solar panel was an option I didn't really think about, but anything that would extend my dry camping time is a good thing in my eyes. I love some of the state park and national forest campgrounds in my area, and unlike what I read from others about state parks having electrical hookups, Wyoming doesn't typically do that! I also like the idea of it being done at the factory. It's a bit more expensive than something I could probably do myself, but I'm happy to have it (in theory) done right. I'm hoping that I can dry camp for 4 days in this thing, as that's what I usually do when I'm backpacking - of course I think with my telecommuting I'm going to be in the generator market before too long.

Unfortunately I've just started realizing that I'm going to have two complete sets of camping gear - the backpacking stuff and the trailer stuff! Life is so tough sometimes if you don't want to sleep in your backpacking sleeping bag while in the TM! This weekend will be a trip to the local thrift stores for bedding, pots, etc.

I've also got a bunch of ideas for modifications already. The first mod will be an external high-gain wifi antenna (I plan to telecommute from the trailer, so I want to be able to get a good wifi signal when in places with wifi) and small server inside to handle the routing and VPN needs I have. I'm also looking at what satellite internet system I want. Putting in some DC distribution using powerpoles will also be fairly early on my list. It'll be nice to be able to work from anywhere - might make the work slightly more pleasant.

As for first trip, I'll be camping in Denver overnight after picking up the trailer, which has the benefit of being between home and the dealer (I also have a business meeting the next day in Denver). I'm really interested in recommendations for campgrounds in or very near Denver, if anyone has one.
Old 04-13-2007, 03:45 PM   #12
Freedom

Our last trip through Denver we stayed at a Wal-Mart parking lot - not fancy, but free! We also needed to get a tire rebalanced before we left in the morning so it seemed like a logical place to stay.
Old 04-13-2007, 08:34 PM   #13
ddnavar

Smile Places To Park

http://www.dakotaridgerv.com/