TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Tires Tires Tires
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2006, 10:46 AM   #1
2bcs1jrt

Default When non TM shops work on your TM

In order to not hijack my own thread, I am starting this new one. When you have someone rotate and balance your tires or repack wheel bearings, how do you handle the access to the wheels since most shops won't have a clue about opening a TM and generally do not have a "while you wait" service. I do not have a lift kit so the process is more difficult.
I know some folks do this stuff themselves...but how about when you can't?

In fact, if you wanted someone to install a lift kit, how can you be sure they won't mess up the under belly of the TM since, again, you can't hang around all day to be there when they do it. Do you have to go to a TM shop only?
Cheri
Old 06-17-2006, 12:06 PM   #2
2bcs1jrt

Those are good thoughts. Along the lines of what I would invision but I tend to be a worrier so sometimes I wonder if I am going overboard. DH will often initiate that line of thinking. Thought it might be interesting to bounce it off the forum.

Cheri
Old 06-17-2006, 12:26 PM   #3
fcatwo
Site Sponsor

I have my TM's bearings professionally packed because I not only don't know how to do it but am too lazy to do it even if I did. I've also had poor luck with the "bearing-buddy" gizmos and never use those - YMMV. I make an appointment far enough ahead, normally the first thing in the morning when they open, and tell them I'm going to wait and watch while they do the work -- I also call the afternoon before to make sure they don't forget.

They weren't ready the first time I took it in so I (being as friendly as possible) made another appointment and took it back home -- haven't had a problem since. I think they remember those customers who expect them to do what they have agreed to do (otherwise known as problems or whatever).
fcatwo is offline   Reply With Quote