TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Towing and Hitching
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-01-2006, 05:56 AM   #1
victor310

Thumbs up 1st. trip out with #2619

HI again,just came back from 1st trip out, i finally installed the Equalizer, had to grind pin on hinge side like some of you said, it works fine, except there was some rubbing on the bar, i guess it will work itself out. The Xterra pulls it at 60 mph as if i had nothing behind me, no sway whatsoever, except for the fact that we had a Love bugs invasion the weekend was fine, got to plug some holes as they were coming muff the trailer, i guess in a 1/2" gap at the bottom of the door, having cut that pin on the hingesidewoorries me a little, maybe in the future ill just weld it shut and take it out, i dont need the foldout. T Equalizer factory told me the sockets came in tight at 110lbs. and that they work loose in time, that was sent in a e mail, but by phone i talked to a rep that told me to loosen them, put the bar in and then torque it to 45 lbs. which is what i did, and was a breeze to put in and take out,of course after taking it up with the trailer power head. im sure ill be able to take the TM into higher ground with the Xterra, well maybe not the Rockies, but itll do what we want.