TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > How to and Modifications
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2005, 06:18 PM   #1
jmatt4366

Default repair replace hold down clamps

Hi,

I have 92' trailmanor 28, it is in really good shape for its age. The fastening bolts that hold down the clamps on the four corners have pulled out. The way this was mounted looks flimsy to me and i'd like to make the repair better than originally attached. I was wondering if anyone has done this and has pictures of the repair. I want it to look as good as possible.

Jason
Old 10-05-2005, 10:28 PM   #2
BobRederick

Jason
I haven't repaired those corners yet nor needed to. I have repaired the door clasps that go into the square tubing that edges the shells. I posted the info on that -- maybe a search on JB weld under my user ID would find it. I would open the foam around the screws a little and fill the void with JB Weld. Then grease the screws lightly and run the screws back in their original holes. If the holes are really ripped out, you might have to stuff some wood in there to give the screws a grip while the JB is curing. The grease is for that who-knows-why reason that someday you have to remove the screw.

Good luck. I think that will do the job for you. Leave the JB in the camper. It and duct tape come in real handy!
Old 10-09-2005, 03:24 PM   #3
jmatt4366

Thanks for your help Bob. I'll have to try the JB weld.

Jason