TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > How to and Modifications
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2003, 05:46 AM   #1
MawCraig

Default Nesting cookware

We do almost all of our cooking outside ... gas grill, electric griddle, etc.  But occasionally we do need to fix something on the stove top.  Since storage space is a challenge, I wanted a set of nesting cookware.  But, for the number of times we would use the pots, I just couldn't see spending the almost $100 that Camping World charges.  

Imagine how tickled I was to find a six-piece set of copper bottom stainless steel cookware at WalMart!!  It has a 6 qt pot with 10 1/2" fry pan lid, a 3 qt with lid, and a 1 qt with lid.  They all nest compactly into a carry bag.  And for only $24.   It's not exactly like my Revereware that I use here at home; but for the occasional use in the camper, I think it should work fine.
Old 09-25-2005, 06:06 PM   #2
Bill & Lisa

Maw,

Add a teflon coated folding handle skillet to your collection. It's great for eggs and will sit right on top of your nesting pots.

BTW--most tent campers found those pots a necessity! We had our first set in 1983 and finally had to toss them in 98. We did replace them with the set you described--steel cooks more evenly than aluminum and the copper makes them heat faster. Clean the copper with salt and lemon juice!