TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Tires Tires Tires
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2004, 02:12 PM   #1
dyky71

Default Carlisle tires?

We just bought a TM 2720 1994 . Could someone tell us if the Carlisle tires have the Carlisle name on them or are there also other names on the Carlisle tires? We don't have the trailer here right now so I can't double check the name on the tires. I know it didn't say Carlisle though? Just concerned after reading about Carlisle tires.
Old 07-14-2004, 05:56 AM   #2
kempert
Site Sponsor

Default Re:Carlisle tires?

IMHO - You need to replace the tires. I wouldn't trust them to last very long and when one goes it can cause a lot of problems. Make sure you get tires with the code "ST". If you can, take time to do "your homework" so you will not end up getting an inferior product. Good luck!
kempert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 08:38 AM   #3
dyky71

Thanks for the replies. Actually the tires look very new. I just can't remember the name of them. I will look them over real well and most likely replace them . I don't want to take the chance of having damage to the trailer like I have read about on this board.
Old 07-14-2004, 12:36 PM   #4
DancinCampers

Hi all,

There should be a DOT label stamped into the tire. The manufacture date is the last set of numbers.

If there are 3 numbers, the first two indicate the week & the third indicates the year (the third digit rolls over every 10 years).

I believe they went to four digits in 2001. They are still at the end of the DOT stamp. First two indicates week & last two indicate year.

If my memory serves me right.

Dan
Old 07-14-2004, 02:05 PM   #5
kempert
Site Sponsor

For a nice little summary on trailer tires, go to http://www.rvnetlinx.com/htrelated.php3 and scroll down to PopUp Times and click on it. There is an article that is helpful.
kempert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 08:47 PM   #6
dyky71

Thanks again for the replies. I will check everything out. I appreciate all the info.