TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Towing and Hitching
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-11-2018, 10:15 PM   #1
fishflash

Default Mercedes GLK250 Blue TEC

I'm enjoying my 2014 Mercedes GLK250 Turbo diesel all wheel drive as a tow vehicle for the TM 2720. I'm in southern CA which is hilly with mountains. Very pleased with the torque of the twin turbo diesel. Fuel economy is between 20-25 mpg when towing and 25-30 when using it alone as my main mode of transportation. Plenty of hp to tow at 70 mph as well. Braking with a Tekonsha brake controller works well. I don't like that the hitch receiver is so low to the ground as it causes the ball mount to sometimes scrape the pavement when crossing dips into and out of drives and parking lots. This doesn't have the factory tow package, maybe if it did it would be higher off the ground but not sure of that. I was able to find a ball mount with a 9.5 inch rise to help get the trailer close to level when towing. As a smaller SUV it doesn't have lots of storage room but for the two of us, we always seem to have room for all the comforts and a 65 lb Siberian Husky. I would recommend it for anyone with similar needs.
fishflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 07:45 AM   #2
fairweatherfisherman
Site Sponsor

Thanks for the review. It’s good to hear what everyone else is towing with. We got a new tow vehicle at the end of the year, but haven’t pulled the Trailmanor with it yet.