TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Towing and Hitching
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2004, 06:22 PM   #1
notrailends

Default Duel Cam Sway control

Hi ,I just got a duel cam sway control to use with
our 2619 and I just wanted to know if any one has
this set up also.It looks like I have to drill holes in the
propane tank plate to put the u-bolts in
Is that true? Thankyou for any help
Old 03-14-2004, 07:54 PM   #2
BOB_STRONG
Site Sponsor

Default Re:Duel Cam Sway control

I have a Drawtite WDH and sway bar. Right in the directions it reminds you not to back up with it if you will be making sharp turns. By doing this, you can bend the device.

I have a 3326King and I wouldn't tow it without the sway bar. Every now & then, the thing would start swaying. That's going down a straight road. The weight is distributed ok since I use the WDH to keep things level.

Once I attached the sway bar, no more problems. What a relief. I would rather be safe than sorry. For me, SAFETY is the number one priority.

Bob Strong
BOB_STRONG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 09:58 PM   #3
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine
Default Re:Dual Cam Sway control

[quote author=BOB_STRONG link=board=1;threadid=1764;start=msg12423#msg12423 date=1079319266]The weight is distributed ok since I use the WDH to keep things level. [/quote]Bob -

I'm sure that isn't exactly what you meant to say. Using a WDH and keeping things level has nothing to do with weight distribution. It is still quite possible - and quite easy - to load the trailer wrong, put too much weight aft of the axle, and end up with sway. If the owner loads the trailer incorrectly, there is nothing a WDH can do about it, and a sway control will just mask a dangerous situation.

I know you know this, Bob, but I wouldn't want a new owner to draw the wrong conclusion.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 03:51 PM   #4
notrailends

Yes I know about bending that bar, but thats with the friction sway control thats with one bar on one side of the trailer. This new one I have is the duel sway control.
It mounts with u-bolts under the frame by the toung of the trailer.And the WDH bars seat down in them.
Thankyou
Old 03-15-2004, 07:26 PM   #5
BOB_STRONG
Site Sponsor

Bill,

Thanks for clarifying what I meant to say. Owning a 3326, you have to be cautious about putting too many heavy things in the back storage area under the bed. Also, I have to be careful about loading the front of the trailer. I try to keep the heavy objects in the area over the dual axles. By doing this, you keep the correct percentage of weight on the tongue when towing. This of course will also help in preventing swaying.

Bob Strong
BOB_STRONG is offline   Reply With Quote