TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > How to and Modifications
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2014, 07:54 AM   #1
tgpmd1
TrailManor Master

Default Mods galore!

We're taking the Cub Scouts Family Camping this weekend and the last two weeks have been a whirlwind! Did many of the mods I've been seeing here the past few years. Homer looks great (see my tag)!

1. Shower Mod. Put up 4 mill plastic on three walls and took out one shower curtain. Replaced the shower head with an Oxyegenics shower head. Recaulked around tub in almond, and bottom drain in clear. Found a way to temp. mount shower head. Will most likely change it up later.

2. Sewed a little curtain to for the front door. Also has velcro to put halfway up. Keeps out the light when you want to sleep in.

3. Sewed a changing curtain so one can change in the hallway and keep the curtains in the front open. Attached with velcro. I'm pleased with this one.

4. Added velcro to baskets, power strips, etc. to keep them on the seals. Where appropriate, I used the existing velcro on the flaps. Came out better than I hoped.

5. Added a car stereo with DVD player. Also replaced the tv wall mount with a video out. We can now use our TM speakers for sound!

6. Found cheap throws for couch, chair and bed.

7. Replaced all the weather stripping in the front door and added more.

8. Recaluked above the door area.

9. Touched up scratches on counters with grey magic markers.

All of the fabric I found was between $1.50 and $3 a yard from A.C. Moore and various fabric stores.

Things already done: 2" lift kit, replace fabric where there was a leak and matched the color pretty well, used an existing kitchen organizer from home for the kitchen, foam for seals for winter camping, pink foam sheets for front flap area for winter camping, added a window latch to keep top and bottom of door together better, hanging wall mount for TV (have one in home to move TV there when not in use in camper), replaced tub faucet, outdoor shower and recaulked outside and inside, and various other organizers around the TM. Also installed a curtain in the front. Purchased curtains from another TM owner, but they were too short since they were from a different model. So I made them longer.

Still to finish: Wingard upgrade, pull handle for front door, covers for foam for the roof vents (just plain foam there now), fabric cover for the magnetic sheet for the heater (don't like the white color). Replace anode rod.

I won't be able to post pics until next week if anyone is interested.
Prodigy Brake Controller
2.5" Factory Lift Kit
15" Dexstar Wheels
15" Karrier Loadstar Tires w/TR-416 Stems
Bill's Screen Door kit
And a host of other mods...

14 y.o. 'Sasha' (aka 'Miss Kitty), started fostering 12/24/10 and adopted 3/15/11

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
tgpmd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 08:37 AM   #2
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Many MANY years ago, a member called Colorado Cop took Boy Scouts on camping trips quite often. He related that one of the more useful mods he did was to hang a skirt around the outside of the rear bed of his TM. He could stash stuff there out of sight at night, or during rainstorms. Perhaps it would be useful for your Cub Scouts as well.

Although there were several threads on the topic, his initial thread can found at
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...read.php?t=117
Unfortunately, the pictures have disappeared.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 08:55 AM   #3
Lesherp
Site Sponsor

If you are interested I did this mod. You can see what it looks like in my pictures and albums labeled “Rear privacy skirt.”

I have not used it as much as I thought I would but in one of the pics you can see it came in handy when we got unexpected snow in Zion. I first thought it would be good for keeping things out of sight but then wondered it might not help a thief from being viewed as he cut through the cable securing my generator and bikes. I’m am still uncertain if it is better for security or worse.

Dealer Options:swing tongue, sink cabinet, awning, air conditioning, tile

Modification: 15“ tires & monitor system, WDH, Prodigy B.C., 2-6 V. batteries & clipper monitor, LED's. Additional modifications can be seen in albums.
Pictures of campsites and places we visited can be seen at https://www.flickr.com/photos/101899116@N06/sets/.

Lesherp is offline   Reply With Quote