TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2008, 09:25 AM   #1
nonichris

Default Dealer choice RVBrokers or See-Grins?

We visited RV Brokers in Sacramento, and continue to have some doubts about them, and wondered if anyone here had worked with See-Grins in San Martin, and what sort of experience it was? Both are relatively new to selling TMs. We did get a chance to look at some TMs and even saw the green upholstery. The model we saw first was a 2008 3124KB, and they used that to demo the disassembly process. It was so beat up that we were really discouraged from even thinking of buying a TM...but the other ones on the lot looked much much better. Was it just carelessness that knocked chips out of the kitchen counters and gouges in the walls under the hanging cabinets and pieces out of the entry doors, or are they so delicate that it happens to all of them after use? I wouldn't want a trailer that couldn't stand up to the careful use we would give it.
Old 04-23-2008, 10:28 AM   #2
Joseph

Smile Tlc

All things in life benefit from a little care. Having moved up from a Coleman / Fleetwood Santa Fe model pop-up I can tell you that my TM is not near as rough and tumble as it was. However there are many, many benefits that the TM has over my pop up with almost all the same advantages of same. The damage you describe sounds like it could have happened from rushed put up and take downs by folks who may not have cared. ( not an owner ) Go see other TM's if possible. Preferably ones owned by individuals, or at the very least a dealer that has a little more experience with the TM product. TM's are truly unique and IMHO must be approached with that thought in mind. What is that old saying? An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure? Good luck to you and Happy Camping!
Old 04-23-2008, 11:51 AM   #3
2bcs1jrt

I sent this privately to nonichris but thought I should post it publicly as well. If any prospective TM owners in Northern CA want to see a number of TMs and talk to TM owners, they should take advantage of the Rally to be held at Petaluma KOA Oct 18 and 19 (someone correct me if I got the dates wrong) I would have loved to have that opportunity when I got mine.

Cheri
Old 04-23-2008, 11:59 AM   #4
Bluegrass

Might be worth it to take a trip to Custom RV in Anaheim. The dealer there gets consistently good reviews on this board.

Downside, though, is that some dealers will not do warranty work for units they didn't sell.
Old 04-23-2008, 01:55 PM   #5
Leslie & Nick
TrailManor Master

With regard to 'fit and finish' things, I don't think TMs are inherently better or worse than other trailers. It sounds to me like the 2008 model you saw suffered from inattentive care and operation. There is no reason why such a new trailer should have gouges in the countertops and dents in the walls.

For example, you of course have to be somewhat careful in not damaging the walls when hanging the kitchen cabinet. If not, I could see the wall being dinged. When closing up the trailer, EVERYTHING has to be off the countertops or else you'll not be able to close up, and could conceivably damage something in the process.

Again, I don't think TMs are subject to any more wear and tear than other trailers. You do however, need to do things in certain sequence when opening and closing the trailer - but you'll learn these steps pretty quickly.

As Cheri said, if you get a chance, your best bet would be to talk to some TM owners and see their rigs in person.

Nick
Leslie & Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 04:10 PM   #6
camp2canoe

I don't know if they've corrected this or not, but there was a defect in the way they assembled the countertops which left a tiny lip on the edgebanding. If you slide something heavy off the counter such as a tv or a microwave, instead of lifting it off, you were likely to get a chip. I agree with prior posts that the other matters you mention sound like abuse. I am not big on maintenence and my TM looks good after 3 years and 20 destinations. - camp2canoe
Old 05-01-2008, 04:05 PM   #7
RTD123

Thumbs down Re: Dealer choice RVBrokers or See-Grins?

We had recent dealings with See Grins and was disappointed enough that we removed our rv from consignment there. Be aware.
Old 05-30-2008, 01:51 PM   #8
SeeGrinsRV

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTD123 View Post
We had recent dealings with See Grins and was disappointed enough that we removed our rv from consignment there. Be aware.
I'd like to introduce myself. My name is Vance, the consignment manager for See Grins RV. I'd first like to start off by apologizing for the disappointment the previous poster felt. We acknowledge their concerns and have corrected the situation.
I would like to invite any potential Trail Manor customer to contact me
directly for assistance. Also after 21 years in the RV industry I can assure
you that our standards and procedures for marketing and taking care of our
clients coach are to the highest standards. We also have service available at Camping World next door.
Old 06-09-2008, 12:24 PM   #9
2bcs1jrt

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeGrinsRV View Post
I'd like to introduce myself. My name is Vance, the consignment manager for See Grins RV. I'd first like to start off by apologizing for the disappointment the previous poster felt. We acknowledge their concerns and have corrected the situation.
I would like to invite any potential Trail Manor customer to contact me
directly for assistance. Also after 21 years in the RV industry I can assure
you that our standards and procedures for marketing and taking care of our
clients coach are to the highest standards. We also have service available at Camping World next door.

I like seeing a dealership that reads this forum and cares what people say. It gives me hope.

I wish the TM factory folks would do the same...or if they do read this forum, chime in on occasion. There is a lot to be learned here.

Cheri
Old 05-30-2008, 02:24 PM   #10
BrigCA61

Has anyone living in California or Nevada been to Dinuba RV since they left Rio Vista? With all the questionable comments about the current options, I'm wondering if we would be better off getting all our service done in Dinuba even if it is a bit of a drive from Sacramento. We originally purchased from them and have always been more than happy with our sales & service experiences.... they truly know what they're doing and go out of the way to make their customers happy.