TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Electrical
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-28-2005, 08:16 AM   #1
dbnoll

Default Tank Monitor Panel

Has anyone had any issues with the holding tank not displaying the amounts correctly on the monitor panel. My panel is reporting the gray tank as 2/3 full always, even if it is empty. I would think I have a sensor problem, has anyone else had this happen?
Old 09-28-2005, 08:52 AM   #2
BobRederick

The holding tank can develop contamination on the walls between sensors resulting in incorrectly high readings. Cleaning will aleviate that. I assume the readings were normal when the TM was new. I have seen vendors at RV shows touting their services to clean this using a high pressure wand. If you had a sensor on the black tank, it would be susceptible to that as well. Please keep us posted on your progress with this.
Old 09-28-2005, 09:57 AM   #3
Windbreaker

With the tank 2/3 or more full dump a box of bakeing soda down the drain, let it set a day or two, drive it 10 miles or so and dump the gray water, things should clear up. This is a common problem, don't worry.
Old 01-29-2006, 07:11 AM   #4
dbnoll

Regarding the tank monitor panel, the dealership checked this out and determined that the panel needs to be replaced. They ordered it and it is now. Unfortunately, this is not a TM dealership and they are always back logged for service. I was wondering if this panel is fairly easy to replace. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks