TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Appliances
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-16-2006, 07:56 PM   #1
jimwilly

Default A/C coming loose!

Hi All,

Just returned from a few days at Pine Mountain Campground near Callaway Gardens, Georgia. Beautiful place to enjoy bike riding, swimming, picnicking, etc. It was, however, quite hot this time out!

Can anyone offer any advice on my A/C problem? when standing on the floor of the camper and looking up at the conrols of the A/C unit, I noticed the front left side (when looking at the controls) was loose from the ceiling of the camper. It was sagging from the ceiling by about 1/2 inch. I removed the cover containing the filters, which needed cleaning anyway, and found that there are four spring loaded screws holding the unit in place. All four were tight and appeared to be OK. However, the screw in front on the left side did not make contact with the metal plate on the unit flush with the ceiling. After trying for 30 minutes or so I finally gave up.

Is there a trick to getting the screw to attach to whatever is underneath so as to hold it tight against the ceiling? Is the a 'nut' on the other side of the plate that is missing, thus not allowing the screw to come in contact with any threads?

If anyone has any suggestions it would be g r eatly appreciated.

JimWilly
jimwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 08:15 PM   #2
dbnoll

You can also go to www.rvcomfort.com and download manuals that cover installation there. You can usually see the model information through the side vents on the rooftop unit. I just replaced the start up capacitor and relay on my Coleman Unit and found the manuals at this website very helpful.