TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2015, 01:12 PM   #1
davlin
TrailManor Master

Default My Discount Tire Rocks!

I didn't post this in "Tire," because this is a story about a tire on my TV. On 9 July, I was getting ready to take a U-haul trailer 1300 miles to Las Cruces and back. When I checked my F150 tire pressure, I noticed my left-front tire was a little low (not low enough for the TPMS to kick in). Upon further inspection, I found a small nail had penetrated near the outside edge of the thread and was leaking.

I hopped in the truck and headed to my Discount Tire store, because they have 1. good prices, and 2. a corporate policy to fix any tire that CAN be fixed for free, regardless of where you bought the tires. In my case, these tires are the original ones that came on the truck new. When I got there, the tire was inspected and there was some "concern" about whether or not it could be fixed, because the nail was so close to the edge. I told them that I had to leave the next morning and do the best they could with it. They patched the tire, and I took off for NM.

A week later, my TPMS came on, and I checked the tire and discovered that the patch was leaking (very slowly). I went back the shop, they inspected the tire and said it couldn't be repaired again, and REPLACED IT FOR FREE. I explained to them that I didn't buy the tires there (although I have in the past) and that my tires had 40,000 miles on them, but they didn't care. When you think customer service, you never think about that kind of caring.

Dave
2013 F150 w/5.0 V8
davlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 02:28 PM   #2
stormpeakco

Quote:
Originally Posted by davlin View Post
I didn't post this in "Tire," because this is a story about a tire on my TV. On 9 July, I was getting ready to take a U-haul trailer 1300 miles to Las Cruces and back. When I checked my F150 tire pressure, I noticed my left-front tire was a little low (not low enough for the TPMS to kick in). Upon further inspection, I found a small nail had penetrated near the outside edge of the thread and was leaking.

I hopped in the truck and headed to my Discount Tire store, because they have 1. good prices, and 2. a corporate policy to fix any tire that CAN be fixed for free, regardless of where you bought the tires. In my case, these tires are the original ones that came on the truck new. When I got there, the tire was inspected and there was some "concern" about whether or not it could be fixed, because the nail was so close to the edge. I told them that I had to leave the next morning and do the best they could with it. They patched the tire, and I took off for NM.

A week later, my TPMS came on, and I checked the tire and discovered that the patch was leaking (very slowly). I went back the shop, they inspected the tire and said it couldn't be repaired again, and REPLACED IT FOR FREE. I explained to them that I didn't buy the tires there (although I have in the past) and that my tires had 40,000 miles on them, but they didn't care. When you think customer service, you never think about that kind of caring.

Dave

Similar experiences @ Les Schwab
stormpeakco is offline   Reply With Quote