TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-31-2007, 03:28 PM   #1
mtnguy

Default Storage Options

Even though I have been reading the forum threads, I just now registered and posting my 1st question.

We bought a 2003 Trail Manor 2720 in November 06 for about 1/3 of the price paid new. Other than the customary roof vent leaks (which I have fixed already) and being filthy with black streaks and algae on the outside (which is now spic & span), everything seems to work properly, and it seems to be in great shape. We think we got a good deal.

Now, back to the main question. In reading some of the threads about storage and covers, no where did I read about leaving the TM raised for storage. I would like to leave ours in the raised position as a "redneck" guest cottage for overflow guests, and also as a place to go to when I need to hide from the missus when necessary. Is leaving the TM in the raised position OK? Would a full size TT cover (1 that has a zip up area for the door) work for this, just realizing that you I would have to bungee the lower ends down? Or would it just be as simple to buy a pop-up cover and raise the TM when needed, instead of going to all of the trouble of installing a regular TT cover in the raised position.....only the wife would know when I am out there with this option.

After owning a pop-up that stayed down except for stocking and traveling, I want to leave the TM raised except for travel, and just wondering if that is doable.

Anxious for spring so we can try it out.

Thanks