TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2004, 11:25 AM   #1
Factor

Default Pop-Out

One of the biggest probems that we have is in regard to the living area. In respect of the 2720SL and 3023, there doesn't seem like there is much room. In the 3023, it's two couches looking at each other and in the 2720 SL it's the couch and a single chair. In some of the other campers, pop-up 'canvass end' ones, there is one or more pop-out's which allow for extra room. I wonder if Trailmaster is contemplating a Pop-Out? I love the Trailmanor, but, the living room is a big consideration.
John
Old 04-21-2004, 02:25 PM   #2
jniles

Default Re:Pop-Out

Same question I had 5 or 6 years ago. Also one of the reasons I stayed with Coleman pop up units with the slide out dinnette for so long. Once you see the TM in person you see it would be extremely difficult to have slide outs on the side and still maintain the design. The ads say the slide out models 3124KS 2720SL etc have more room in the living area. We use our living area for a lot of grand kids and daughters playing board games in the evenings. Suprisingly we are really not cramped with the two couch arrangement of our current unit. It is much better than we thought it was going to be.
Old 04-22-2004, 11:50 AM   #3
Factor

I appreciate your reply, thanks. Questions, why did you move from the Coleman to the TM and are you happy you did? We first looked at the Coleman and then discovered the TM, but, as I said, we think the living area is very small. Maybe when we see one, our opinion will change. I ordered the video a couple weeks ago. I'd really like to hear others opinion on the space where you relax. i.e. the benches as I have heard it said.
John
Old 04-22-2004, 12:02 PM   #4
Cateye
Cateye

We sold our Coleman pop-up and purchased a 2003 2720SL. Our reasons were:

Shower
Toilet
Insulated walls for both heating in cold weather, air conditioning and noise
Lockable
Towability comparable to pop-up
Space
Real windows with curtains
Closet
Stove and Microwave

Although we have had a significant number of quality issues with the TM, we have not missed the pop-up and have plenty of room. We removed the chair as it was not used often and only served as a flat space to collect clutter.
Cateye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 01:51 PM   #5
jniles

We did it for most all of the reasons Cateye and the others have mentioned and would not go back even though we actually had the shower and toilet in our slide out popup. The toilet and shower in the TM is really useable where you avoided using those facilities in the popups when possible. During a storm we once had 11 adults and 5 rug rats in the Coleman Niagara w/slide out dinette. All of the adults had a place to sit and talk to each other (shower wall becomes a sitting spot, one counter top, sofa and bed edges all were seats) and the 5 little guys played on the 2 King beds. We just can't sit that many people without using the floor for 3 adults and that would include a couple sitting on counter tops. The space is less but the quality is much better. We also wanted to be able to go to bear country with a bit more protection. The TM still lets us camp but additionally we can do as much RVing as we want. The TM fits in to both realms equally well.
Old 04-23-2004, 07:36 PM   #6
kempert
Site Sponsor

I skipped the pop-up stage. I went straight from a tent to the TM after spending almost 2 years researching the different options available. It became a no-brainer for me. Texas_camper makes a great point. It's great on long trips to stop for the night without unhooking the TM.
BTW - I have not had any problems or quality issues with my 2720SL.
kempert is offline   Reply With Quote