TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-24-2005, 05:50 AM   #1
Queeniereads

Default Air beds for a TM?

Just passing along a possibility for those of us who miss our Select Comfort air beds in a TM. I wrote to Select Comfort to find out what they would suggest for those of us who have TMs and other pop-ups becuase the depth of the foam on the bed is too high to compress in the allotted space when we close down. THey suggested trying a 3000 series and cutting a bit off the height of the foam and maintaining the beds in a softer number or letting air out when closing down. THe 3000 series is the least thick mattress. We had asked about the sofa bed mattress depth, but it turns out to be even deeper than the 3000 series. THey also suggested that you could, perhaps, purchase only the air bladders, but to my way of thinking that would make the air "roll" just like the other air mattresses do -- all the ones we have tried and taken back. LOL We are considering trying what they suggested as a possibility with our old Comfort Select and then buying a new one for the bedroom. Remember, if you cut down a very expensive system and it does not work...you did not hear it from me. LOL Queeniereads aka Judi
Old 10-24-2005, 09:43 AM   #2
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Judi -

Just for what it is worth, many (most?) big cities have what I call a "Foams-R-Us" store. It is actually not a store, but a factory in which they cut foam blocks to the size and shape needed by the furniture makers in the town.

Look in the Yellow Pages under Foam. In Phoenix, for example, the place is down in a gritty industrial area behind a warehouse next to the railroad tracks. But they were perfectly willing to let me choose a foam type (color, firmness, density, open-or-closed cell, etc), and then cut it to size for me and load it into my car. And since it is a wholesale operation, it is quite inexpensive.

Of course, once you have a slab of foam, you have to cover it ...

BTW, it is a big disconcerting at first to watch a wiry little guy walk across the factory floor with a block of foam the size of two SUVs on his head. It is worth going in just for the entertainment value!

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 09:57 AM   #3
Queeniereads

Will put this in my memory banks -- thanks! I am hell-bent on having that Select Comfort Air Bed in there if at all possible. Will try it next spring. We are getting cleaned out and ready to winterize this coming weekend. Best wishes -- Queeniereads aka Judi
Old 11-07-2005, 11:46 PM   #4
shunter917
Site Sponsor

We purchased a "topper" by AeroBed. It is only 2" tall when inflated and, of course, flat when deflated.

I understand that they aren't selling the topper anymore, but I thought I heard they were going to come out with something similar.

It's not our Select Comfort, but close . . .
shunter917 is offline   Reply With Quote