TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Appliances
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-13-2022, 03:50 PM   #1
Stephene1219

Default Question on Propane Filling and Capacity

I have been doing some testing on the two horizontal propane tanks on my 2022 2922.

They both cam empty from the dealer so filled them up at the local ACE. The total gallons used was just 7.5. 3.7 for one and 3.8 for the other tank. Since it says to fill vertical that was what was done. The gage when vertical showed full. It also says to transport horizontal. When you lay them down the gage shows just about 3/4 full for both tanks. Each tank should take at least 4.5 gallons.

I then used the propane to test how long the TM would run if you were using all gas including the heater. When done each tank showed empty. I took them back to ACE. I wanted to make sure they were empty, so ACE opened the bleed value to see if any gas came out. Very little did. When I filled them again. The results were the same. Only able to put 3.7 gallons per tank when filling vertical. Valve showed full when vertical and a little les than 3/4 when horizontal.

Is this a common problem with horizonal tanks in general?

It seems a waste to have 5 gallon tanks and only being able to put 3.7 gallons in them.
Stephene1219 is offline   Reply With Quote