TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-28-2019, 12:06 AM   #1
happycamper2720

Default New Owner Looking For Fixing Up Help

Hi all, new to the trailmanors and such. We have a small old jayco popup that we just hate the canvas on. Starting looking at TTs but they are so big and heavy and I stumbled across one of these crazy guys. That one was far but we started looking nearby for trailmanors and found a few. The best looking deal was 2 hours away, a 2720 that was just remodeled (a little bit). My wife has a lot more plans with it. I plan to document it all as it goes on here so

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...1900047872889/

Take a look at it, it looks very nice in the pictures and isn't bad, new appliances, but while we are taking it apart to paint it we are finding many problems and many things we don't know about.

I will also have many questions along the way, and I have like a hundred now so lets get started.

Coming back with this trailer was an adventure itself. We dont currently have a TV that will handle this (Rav4 and Outback) so we'll be asking about that. Wife is looking into vehicles that can handle it but in the meantime we borrowed a friends truck. Driving a strange truck towing a strange trailer 2 hours away on winding hilly narrow backroads when a rainstorm hits so hard you cant see in front of you and we get a flat tire (2 brand new tires BTW, walmart specials though 205/75/D14's, just ordered 215/75/R14's Loadstars on Galvanized Rims from Out Of The Box Parts).

Spare secured with long bolts so 4 way wouldnt get on the bolts, luckily a wonderful person helped us out with some tools and a jack because we were not prepared. After the spare was on it was getting late so we decided to just stop at a local campsite and use it. We set it up quickly in the flooded site, great nights sleep and made it home the next day. Break down was much faster then the first time when we did it the day before.

Now we are taking it next week for a 3 day camping trip, but we have alot of work to do this week. If anyone has any suggestions, please tell me. Total newbie here, but good at wood working and clever with ideas, so maybe I'll show everyone something too. I hope.

More coming soon with pictures. Lots and lots of pictures. Once I find a place to upload them so I can link them