TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Plumbing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-20-2010, 07:07 PM   #1
PopBeavers

Default Need recommendation for plumbing repain San Jos, CA

My 2005 TM 2720 is open in the driveway. Among other things I am sanitizing the fresh water system. That includes all 175 feet of water hoses.

Because I store my pair of 50 foot roll up water hoses in the space where the water pump is, I had that compartment opened.

I noticed that if the pump was on AND I was using water then it would dribble out onto the floor in the compartment. For this trip I plan on keeping a rag around the area and wringing it out several times a day, but it really must be fixed.

There is no way I am canceling plans for Memorial Weekend, but when I get back I should do something about it.

So, has anyone in the San Jose/Morgan Hill, etc. area found anywhere nearby that is reputable? It helps if they know how to pop a TM open.

I have only had one repair performed and that was by Camping World in San Martin. I picked them at random that time.

I just discovered that I can not edit the subject line. It should have said: ...repair in San Jose, CA.
Old 05-20-2010, 07:24 PM   #2
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopBeavers View Post
My 2005 TM 2720 is open in the driveway. Among other things I am sanitizing the fresh water system. That includes all 175 feet of water hoses.

Because I store my pair of 50 foot roll up water hoses in the space where the water pump is, I had that compartment opened.

I noticed that if the pump was on AND I was using water then it would dribble out onto the floor in the compartment. For this trip I plan on keeping a rag around the area and wringing it out several times a day, but it really must be fixed.

There is no way I am canceling plans for Memorial Weekend, but when I get back I should do something about it.

So, has anyone in the San Jose/Morgan Hill, etc. area found anywhere nearby that is reputable? It helps if they know how to pop a TM open.

I have only had one repair performed and that was by Camping World in San Martin. I picked them at random that time.

I just discovered that I can not edit the subject line. It should have said: ...repair in San Jose, CA.
repair....repian......same thing.....
Old 05-20-2010, 08:15 PM   #3
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

You might try calling one of the local RV parks, they might be able to recommend someone. Saratoga Springs, Coyote RV Park, Maple Leaf RV Park, or one of the local KOA's? If Bryan & I get down to Seacliff this weekend we'll ask the campground hosts if they know of anyone. We've never hired anyone to work on our TM except for our local auto mechanic, who checked the brakes for us. I don't think he does plumbing, but he might, but he's in Watsonville.

Can you tell where it's leaking?

You might want to bring along a water container with a spigot to sit next to the sink on the counter, you could use that to wash dishes, etc. without having to run the pump. I think they sell them at purified water stores.
Old 05-21-2010, 04:55 PM   #4
LizarooK

Default Morgan Hill

Hi, we have a mechanic in Morgan Hill who does a lot of work on RV's. He did have a "contract" with Alpine RV to do their repairs when it was in business. There are always RV's in his lot, so he does alot of them.He has done work on our TM brakes, and is somewhat familiar. If you are interested in talking to him, I will be happy to give you his number. I have him work on all of our cars, and we are very happy with his work. Liz
Old 05-23-2010, 07:18 AM   #5
PopBeavers

I think I have found a suitable repair facility. It turns out an old friend of mine has a cousin that has owned and operated Almaden RV in San Jose for 15 years. He said that he had two TMs on the lot, but I did not see them because his yard was pretty full. He says he works on them from time to time and at least he already knows how to pop them open and then close them. That is a plus.

In the mean time I found and fixed the cause of my leak. The water pump appears to have two major assemblies, the electric motor and the centrifugal pump. There are 6 or 8 screws that hold them together. One screw was very loose. After tightening that, and the one on the other side of the leak at the gasket all is well. I checked all of the other screws and snugged them up just slightly. I was very careful because I have a habit of breaking things.

I will know more after the 5 day trip over Memorial Day.

If the pump fails during the trip, I have backup plans in place.