TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-01-2004, 06:59 PM   #1
Mr. Camper

Default Changing Dealerships - NOT

I bought my TM from Sanders RV in Alachua, FL. That's about 3 1/2 hrs from my home. I'm already unhappy with the attitude from the dealer regarding minor repairs after our first couple of trips. Not from anything we did, but from factory/dealer miscues that they knew about and some things we discovered. Since we made the purchase another TM dealer is coming to our area. Less than 20 minutes away. Has anyone taken their TM to a different dealer than where they made the purchase?
Old 04-01-2004, 07:10 PM   #2
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine
Default Re:Changing Dealerships

I'm sorry to hear that. Our dealer (MCD on Cape Cod) was spectacular for us, and I understand from this board that most TM dealers are the same.

I would not hesitate to take your TM to the new dealer. Naturally, you won't make a big deal of it (with either dealer), and won't burn your bridges with the old one, right? As soon as you have enough experience with the new one to form some valid impressions, be sure to post. It may help someone else.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 03:19 AM   #3
TKB

Bill I just picked up my new 3023 April 10th at the MCD dealership. It was a very good experience for us. What state do you live in I'm in NH.
Old 04-13-2004, 05:37 AM   #4
Mr. Camper

Okay, some good news. The dealer is making things right. The repairs I outlined in other posts were fixed at the dealership. We took the TM out last weekend and found they "overfixed" one problem. They sent the service tech to us (a two hour trip from their location). He had the problem corrected in about 50 minutes. Now that's the first time I've ever heard of that. My only complaint now will be the dealings with the people at TM in Lake City. That makes it kind of hard to change dealers so we'll hold off on that for now.
Old 04-13-2004, 07:31 AM   #5
Brightsu
Site Sponsor

Default Re:Changing Dealerships - NOT

Ok now don't pick on the factory, we visited them last week and actually got to see ours in production, I've been dealing with them over a year now and they've been great from Keith Hulsey, who is in charge of sales and marketing down to the service manager and the parts manager. Never met a finer group of people, Ask Bob Strong he'll tell you the same thing. Sorry you had a bad experience.

Pam
Brightsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 11:01 AM   #6
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

[quote author=TKB link=board=22;threadid=1809;start=msg13000#msg1300 0 date=1081847950]
Bill I just picked up my new 3023 April 10th at the MCD dealership. It was a very good experience for us. What state do you live in I'm in NH.
[/quote]TKB -

We lived in Nashua for almost 30 years. When I retired in May 2001 at age 55, we moved "home" to Maine. The plan was (and continues to be) to spend summer on the beach in Maine, but to go to Arizona for the winter. By the time we made the decision to buy our TM that year, it was almost time to leave for AZ. Dana Cheyne at MCD jumped through hoops to get the factory to build and ship our chosen TM in time for the trip. He even lent us his personal car while his crew was struggling with the wiring in our new Explorer - Ford had assembled the under-dash brake connector wrong, and the mating pigtail connector was missing. In the next few days - and over the next few months - Dana spent quite a bit of time patiently helping us over those first new-trailer jitters and the first shake-out problems.

Thanks, Dana!

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 06:31 PM   #7
Mr. Camper

Brightsu, I'm glad you had fun on your tour at TM. However should I feel the need to "pick on" the folks there, specifically the service manager, Ed, for not supporting me, the customer in my concerns after purchasing their product I will do so. I'm glad you haven't had problems with your unit. I wish even more that I could say that. My understanding of this forum is to share information. TM makes a product. We purchased it. If it's not right we get to talk about it here and figure out solutions. I hope that doesn't offend anyone, as it isn't my intent.
Old 04-13-2004, 08:01 PM   #8
ccc6588

[quote author=Mr. Camper link=board=22;threadid=1809;start=msg13015#msg1301 5 date=1081902660]
Brightsu, I'm glad you had fun on your tour at TM. However should I feel the need to "pick on" the folks there, specifically the service manager, Ed, for not supporting me, the customer in my concerns after purchasing their product I will do so. I'm glad you haven't had problems with your unit. I wish even more that I could say that. My understanding of this forum is to share information. TM makes a product. We purchased it. If it's not right we get to talk about it here and figure out solutions. I hope that doesn't offend anyone, as it isn't my intent.
[/quote]

Mr. Camper. You spent good money on your TM and you should expect good quality. Isn't that the reason why you spent more for the TM in the first place? Without honest feedback TM will not get better. They should not make you feel as though you are inconveniencing them. Customer is still #1. Wouldn't it be great if they wrote you and apologized for the quality problems and more importantly do everything necessary to correct the problems. I thought they lost an opportunity when they told you the problem with the tire is the tire manufactures problem. Wrong answer. According to Fleetwood for perspective owners, they recommend sticking with manufactures who will warranty everything on the RV. If it's on the RV, the manufacturer should stand by it. I agree. That is how one stands by their product.
Old 04-14-2004, 08:26 PM   #9
jniles

Tire manufacturers warranty tires, battery manufacturers warranty batteries even in the much superior Japanese RV's (cars and trucks too) ;D.
Old 04-15-2004, 05:46 AM   #10
Mr. Camper

I didn't buy 5 tires with a TM attached. If you use someone else's product to make yours you sure do stand behind it. I couldn't care any less about what the Japanese do. Unless they've bought TM out that is.