TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-19-2013, 04:56 AM   #1
scrubjaysnest
TrailManor Master

Talking Finally a camping trip

Taking the 'nest' to St Andrews SP at Panama City Beach this weekend. This is our first chance to camp since Feb. Been to busy setting up the new fish camp. Almost done with that project though. Camper checks out in great shape after not being used all spring and summer.

mods: 2- 100 watt solar panels, on roof, 300 watts portable

“They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” Benjamin Franklin
scrubjaysnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:09 AM   #2
TravlinOn

Envy you! We've had nothing but thunderstorms and frequent rains for the last week and a half with more to come in SE FL. Hope to get out next week! Post some pictures if you get a chance and -- Good Traveling!
Old 09-19-2013, 10:25 AM   #3
MisterP

Keep one eye on the weather over the weekend. The tropical depression near Mexico may be pulled east late this weekend. Could end up with anything from heavy rains to a tropical system.
Old 09-20-2013, 04:40 AM   #4
scrubjaysnest
TrailManor Master

Fishing the Gulf like we do, there is always one eye on the weather. Does look like a rainy weekend for the nieces wedding on the beach Sunday. As of 5 am this morning, the thing off Mexico has been dropped to 30% chance over the next five days of turning into something more then a rain event.

“They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” Benjamin Franklin
Old 09-21-2013, 07:01 AM   #5
scrubjaysnest
TrailManor Master

St Andrews is a nice CG. Had to use 4 low to get the camper into the site.
Got a what looks like a river crossing in the middle of the site when it rains.
Since they are calling for 1 to 2 inches of rain and posted flood watches; we shall see.

Showers are large but no place to put your your stuff except over the door.

Two very nice gravel sites on the water across from us. Vacant now but the reservation indicated they weren't available for this weekend. Have to ask at the office.

Getting to the CG was stop and go for over ten miles with a stop light every 3 or 4 blocks. Knew there was a reason we avoided this area for so many years.

Old 09-21-2013, 08:19 AM   #6
foxhaven0

I live off of SR 20 northeast of Panama City. How did you go to get to St. Andrews? Maybe I could tell you a better way?

On the showers: One of my pet peeves is never having enough hooks and/or a bench to put your stuff on!
Old 09-22-2013, 06:09 AM   #7
scrubjaysnest
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxhaven0 View Post
I live off of SR 20 northeast of Panama City. How did you go to get to St. Andrews? Maybe I could tell you a better way?

On the showers: One of my pet peeves is never having enough hooks and/or a bench to put your stuff on!
From the intersection of SR20 and US 231, we took US231 to 23Rd. Crossed the causeway(US 98) and bared left onto Thomas Dr. Followed that into the park.

Not to sure if the weather will clear by 4:30 PM CDT for the wedding today on the beach. Rained pretty much all night and a lot of sites are lakes this morning.

On the restroom showers, some of the nicest are at Three Rivers. A dry area with bench, plenty of hooks and then you step into almost a separate shower.

Old 09-22-2013, 08:03 AM   #8
foxhaven0

On your way home go west on US98/30A where you came onto Thomas Drive instead of going east. Follow the fork to the right (Panama City
Beach Parkway) Turn right(north) on SR 79. There's a gas station at the corner, Texaco, I think. And a Waffle House and Burger King after the intersection. SR79 will take you all the way to I10. Or just to SR 20 back to SR231 and north to I10.

There are a couple other ways thru that cut some corners but this is the simplest way. It is longer in distance but the traffic is much less.

You could turn right from SR79 onto SR388 and take that to SR77 and north which also will take you to SR20 or all the way to I10.

When I go to Pier Park for entertainment or shopping once or twice a year, that's the way I go. It is more scenic and and you don't have to deal with the traffic thru town.

When I visit my family in Inverness or St Pete we take SR 20 to SR 267 South(Bloxham Cut-off) down to US 98 then east to Perry and down US 19. Then we cut across at Lebanon Station to Inverness. Or you can take US 27 from Perry.