TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Plumbing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-01-2008, 02:52 PM   #11
Virginia Deacon
TrailManor Master

Wink Do It Yourself - Again

Thanks, Dave!

We get in the habit of paying someone else to provide the parts and labor, don't we? Then - once in a while - the light bulb comes on, and we remember OUR OWN talents! Thanks for the reminder and suggestions for the toilet skirt. You are right! It's easy and a whole lot cheaper to improvise and do it myself!

Once again, we see the value of this forum. Thanks to all the administrators and members who keep it happening!

Happy Camping!
Virginia Deacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 05:49 PM   #12
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShrimpBurrito View Post
Come to think of it, although certainly inconvenient, it would not be difficult to make your own "vinyl skirt" out of a piece of shower curtain. You can use just about anything for a weight, as long as it doesn't rust, such as a stainless bolt from your local hardware store. Then you just need a way to seal the vinyl together to make it cylindrical and to encapsulate the weight. Glue, heat gun, vacuum bag sealer (like the Foodsaver), soldering iron, etc.

Use a zip tie to fasten it to the bowl, and you're done.

Dave
That is a clever idea!

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

What's new...we went to all LED lighting and love them.

New 3/25/16 two new horizontal propane tanks.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 08:29 PM   #13
kpierce

Default Good Sam and Thetford

Hi I am a TM new (used) owner 2006 3124KS...in fact I have not even picked it up yet. I am also NOT a Good Sam member and I was unable to find the link on the Good Sam page for that story (page 42). Is there a link? Is there a PDF file somewhere?

TIA
Kevin
Old 08-12-2008, 03:36 PM   #14
mmcretusn

John, In back of the toilet on either side of the raised box that holds the pump, fuse and switch, are 2 phillips screws. Take those out (use #3 phillips bit). In the front of the toilet in a recess above and on either side of your slide valve are two phillips screws, take these out. Here again, use #3 phillips bit. Might have to use a mirror to see the screws. Also you should your notice your Mfg. model # & ser # label. If you can't get the front screws all the way out, no problem, once they are loose enough you should be able to lift the whole top of the toilet off, lid - seat - and bowl. Good luck, Have fun!
Old 08-15-2008, 10:54 AM   #15
YWORRYDOG
Site Sponsor

Perseverance pays off, if any of you called Thetford to help make this available again, Thank you.

Good Afternoon,

The vinyl skirt assembly is now available. The part number is 33274 and the cost is $19.95 plus shipping. If you would like to place an order, please call 800-543-1219, we accept MasterCard or VISA. Thank you for your patience in this matter.

Darlene
Consumer Service
Thetford Corp/Norcold Inc
YWORRYDOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 09:50 AM   #16
mmcretusn

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by YWORRYDOG View Post
Perseverance pays off, if any of you called Thetford to help make this available again, Thank you.

Good Afternoon,

The vinyl skirt assembly is now available. The part number is 33274 and the cost is $19.95 plus shipping. If you would like to place an order, please call 800-543-1219, we accept MasterCard or VISA. Thank you for your patience in this matter.

Darlene
Consumer Service
Thetford Corp/Norcold Inc
Just wanted to let everyone know I called Thetford and ordered one this morning, will be shipped out this PM and arrive in 3-5 days. sure will be glad to get my toilet back together.