TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Solar Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-01-2023, 04:15 PM   #19
Casey Freswick

Default Answers?

Battery Brand: unbranded straw Chinese battery from the same company that Rick got his a lithium battery 2 years ago. Not totally pleased. But they did replace a battery that melted. (I think that was actually my fault, I had hot skin on my Trailmanor). Which I found with help from Rick and fixed.

Converter: PD 4655VL 55 Amp Converter Upgrade
switched to lithium.

All wiring is copper battery cable 6 gage wire except for a negative wire that is three strands of copper 20 Am 120 wire stripped and weaved together at the ends.

2 SCORPIONŽ GDB10248G - One 1/0 Gauge Input and One 2/4 Gauge, Two 4 Gauge, Two 8 Gauge Outputs Gold Plated Ground Distribution Block more details on - https://www.carid.com/my-account/order-status/result/#

1500 watt pure sine wave inverter, I have used this with my computer numerous times.

Inverter generator

35 amp fuse that came with solar panels, a 80 amp circuit breaker from converter to battery, a 100 amp circuit breaker (I think) from battery to inverter, circuit breakers have shut off switches.

I am presently working on making a new panel with most of my wiring. I was not happy with my previous job and thought with the new solar addition I should reorganize my wiring.

I was blowing my 80 amp circuit breaker last fall between the converter battery charger and my batter. This is an issue I need to address before adding solar into the system. When using shore hook up everything works fine if I do not charge the battery. Need to check circuit breaker and battery charger. I am not planning on using solar and shore electric until I am sure everything is working. I am thinking of keeping both systems separate.