TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Exterior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-03-2008, 07:26 PM   #1
ronbethmiller

Default Door or Shell Problem?

I have a 1999 King. The door clip closest to the sofas or Double bed wont latch properly....It appears the shell is too far forward or towards the hitch... It doesn't have that bolt on the arm to adjust it.... Also on the 4 aluminum (pegs) that lock the shells, the bolt are stripped so it won’t tighten down or is it just the wood inside (could that possibly be enough to hold that). The pins lean forward towards the hitch instead of straight. I do know that will bring the shell forward and away from where it needs to be for the door to be in the correct place....BUT... There is so much pressure on those pins from the shell pushing forward ...I had a friend trying to push it and it took a good 70 lbs of pressure to hold the shell where it needed to be.... I need to figure out how to adjust the shell so it doesn’t have so much forward pressure...
Oh BTW I do love my Trailmanor and will probably upgrade....

Thanks in advance and excuse my Rambling.
Old 09-04-2008, 09:05 AM   #2
ronbethmiller

It has been identified as a Pocket Stop problem... I looked in there but couldn't really see any stops in there ... Will try to get pictures.....
Old 09-04-2008, 09:09 AM   #3
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

I'm not real familiar with the mechanism used to stop the shell at the front of its movement, and my TM is in storage now so I can't look. But it sounds like there might be a problem with the "pocket stops". Someone more knowledgable than I can advise you better than I. But a search on the term "pocket stop" brings up several threads.

Bill

[Oops! Posting overlap! Bill]
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 09:11 AM   #4
ronbethmiller

thank you
Old 09-05-2008, 06:15 PM   #5
AstroBruce

If you close the shells, you can see the stops at the end of the arms behind the plastic cover flap.
Old 09-05-2008, 06:58 PM   #6
commodor47
Site Sponsor

Take a look at this thread . . . especially posts 14 & 15. At some point in time TM changed over from using shims for the pocket adjustments to the bolt system shown in post 15.

http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...et+stop&page=2

Dick
Albums
commodor47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 08:03 PM   #7
bnbarbe

Default Same Problem

I am dealing with the same problem right now on my 1999 3124 King. I think my problem is with the pocket stops because I don't have any on my trailer. I don't know if the folks that owned it prior to me took them off or what happended. I ordered a set of 4 from TrailManor and I am in the process of putting them on now (hopefully they fit). I will try to keep you informed on how it goes. I started to do the rear pair on the front shell tonight but ran into problems with rotted wood which I am ripping out and replacing. I will take some pictures when I start working on it again. I hope to be done in the next few weeks.

Tags
door, pegs, shell