TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-29-2008, 03:24 PM   #1
oakman

Default Top shell of Trailer not level

I have purchases a 3124 King 1998
I have severe wear marks on the side of the bottom 1/2 of the trailer. The top is not square. I have the trailer sitting on a concrete slab and leveled to with in a 1/8".
There is evidence that the top ½ of the door has been swung on due to the hinge being bent.
When the trailer is raised there is as much as 1.5” difference between the two sided.
You can lower and raise the trailer but you have to be very careful and push and pull to get it to go down correctly. When going down the road the trailer will unlatch itself. It appears that the top needs to be re-adjusted and square, need a little direction and experience. How much torque is left in the arms in the up position? Can you damage the shell by supporting it along the sides while raising and lowering the shell.
I have had no luck getting information from trail manor. At this time I plane on starting with a 1/2" gap at door and going around the trailer to level. Does this sound correct???
Does any one have any information on leveling the top of these trailers and the correct measurements? See the photos attached.

Thanks
Pat

See Photos

http://s275.photobucket.com/albums/j.../Trail%20manor
Old 10-29-2008, 03:43 PM   #2
Tuscany Bandit

Pat,

If it were me, I would take your trailer to the dealer and have them adjust the shells (although there are threads on doing it yourself on this forum...just search).

Also, it looks to me like the seals need to be cleaned very well!. All that grime is definetly coming from very dirty seals and lack of alignment of the shells.

Jerry
Old 10-31-2008, 12:15 PM   #3
oakman

I have taken it to the dealer here and they fixed it for $500.00 and it is worse now then when I took it to them. I do not want to pay for any more onthe job training. The dealer here I do not trust.
Old 10-31-2008, 03:33 PM   #4
PopBeavers

I see that you are in Arizona. I will be in Gold Canyon for a few days for Thanksgiving visiting my nephew. If you are anywhere near there I could perhaps take a look at it and offer my non expert opinion. I could at least explain to you how mine behaves.

I will not have my TM, I am flying in.