TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Tires Tires Tires
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-04-2007, 06:53 PM   #21
moodyja

How much was the Tire-SafeGaurd system? It looks like in some of the promotional pictures one picture of the unit it's silver in other pictures it's black. What color is your unit?
Old 06-05-2007, 07:06 PM   #22
wbmiller3
Site Sponsor

Just got my wheels back from the tire shop after having metal stems installed for the pressure sensors. I decided to check the dates on the tires since they were off anyway. I was glad to see the two I bought in Beaumont last December after my dual blowout were made in June of 2006. But the other one...which I had been running on since the same incident in December...was from late 2000 It must have been the original factory spare. I am not exactly sure how that all worked out since I changed a tire in July 2005 pre-emptively (I gouged a chunk out of the sidewall on a sharp curb in Memphis). But, looks like I am definitely on borrowed time on that one. I put it on as the spare until I can get a new one. I'll check the date on the one I buy!
2018 F150 towing 2001 2619; lift kit & 15" wheels
wbmiller3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 06:59 AM   #23
bill s

Question lt vs. st

i'm about to purchase tires...i need help...what are the trade offs of lt versus st ..and why not buy light truck tires for my 3124kb...(15" wheels)..regardless of what i buy, i intend to purchase a pressure monitor system!!!
someone on this forum must have looked into the light truck versus st tires!!!
thanks....
bill s
Old 06-22-2007, 03:25 PM   #24
cali camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali camping View Post
Hey all,
I just installed this system...

http://www.tiresafeguard.com/

It is the Tire-SafeGuard system and it monitors Tire pressure and Temperature. I chose this system because it monitors both pressure and temperature. I used the internal valve stem mounts with the single vehicle configuration and just left one sensor out when I programmed the system. I also installed a sensor on the spare. I did not need any sensors for the TV as Cadillac has them built in. The whole set-up appears to be of very good quality and we take it on the first road trip on Monday...I'll let you know how it works when I return!

Cheers...
Well it appears I was misinformed as to the capabilities of the system. It will not work without an external antenna due to the distance from the wheels to receiver (which I mounted below my TV steering wheel). I now have the external antenna, but have not yet installed it. I will let you all know more as it happens.

2007 2720SD, Dual 80 watt solar panels, flat screen LCD TV mounted on side wall, 210 Ah AGM Battery, Link 10, Dual Honda 2000EUi's
Cadillac Escalade EXT, Prodigy
cali camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 07:53 AM   #25
mtnguy

After PMn RockMtnRay over the last month or so, and asking a bunch of questions, I purchased the Pressure Pro TPMS. It seems to work great, even though I have only traveled about 200 miles since installation.

I am wondering if a slow leak (below the 12.5%) detected by Pressure Pro could save you from a blow-out later. As a tire leaks down.....unbeknownst (is that a word? ) to the driver due to the isolation of the trailer.....the intregrity of the tire is probably comprimised due to the lessening pressure. I have wondered if some of the blow-outs experienced have been due to this type of situation.

The Pressure Pro system responds within ~5 secs. or so to a total loss of pressure (I tested this by pulling the sensor off). So even if a tire blows, you can rely on the system, instead of eventially feeling the towing difference, seeing the tilt of the TM, or having someone motioning at the TM before you discover the problem. I figure the quicker you slow down or pull off of the road the less chance of damage.

Chap
Old 08-21-2007, 07:16 PM   #26
rickst29
yes, they hunt lions.

Default slow leak? depends....

If you loose 20-30 PSI "slowly" during a single day, then the PressurePro would definitely save you. In fact, the 20% below "cold initial reading" PSI wouldn't even happen on my Trailer; I punch the "on" and "arrow " buttons every hour or so to see where it is. After going down even 5 PSI, for no obvious reason such as cool-down, I'd have noticed.

But for a REALLY slow leak, everyone checks their tires each morning anyway, right?

I love mine.
Old 08-24-2007, 10:06 PM   #27
cali camping

Now that I've installed the complete system, it works great. I did have to wire in an additional antenna to reach the TM wheels. The small display that is installed in the TV cabin is black in color. I will try and take pictures next time I install it for travel. It is nice to be able to instantly check each tires pressure and temperature. From what I can tell the temperatures go up approximately 50 degrees during flatland towing and the pressures come up approximately 5 psi. I have not done any mountain towing or extended braking to see how that changes things.

2007 2720SD, Dual 80 watt solar panels, flat screen LCD TV mounted on side wall, 210 Ah AGM Battery, Link 10, Dual Honda 2000EUi's
Old 09-02-2008, 11:41 AM   #28
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

Chip - How has the Tire Safeguard TPMS been working for you? I'm tossing around getting a system, and am exploring what products are out there......Doran, Hella, Safeguard, etc.

Thanks,
Dave
ShrimpBurrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 05:25 PM   #29
wbmiller3
Site Sponsor

Doran just came out with a new system called 360RV or somesuch. Pressure Pro is still supported, but by a different bunch of folks. The new Doran looks nice, but I'll hang with Pressure Pro for now.
2018 F150 towing 2001 2619; lift kit & 15" wheels
wbmiller3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 05:36 PM   #30
cali camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShrimpBurrito View Post
Chip - How has the Tire Safeguard TPMS been working for you? I'm tossing around getting a system, and am exploring what products are out there......Doran, Hella, Safeguard, etc.

Thanks,
Dave
Dave,
Working as advertised. Using the display for the unit, I constantly cycle through the wheels checking temps and pressures as we cruise down the road. The associated manuals that came with the unit are kind of weak as far as technical information is concerned though.
I would buy another one if something happened to this one...I like having temperature and pressure readings and warnings.