TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Interior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-01-2016, 07:12 PM   #1
HoMiPa
TrailManor Master

Default Started a full remodel

Two weekends ago I started a full remodel on my 2005 3023.

The first weekend I removed the couch/bed, love seat/drawers, table, all quarter round molding on floor, carpet, linoleum, all curtains & valances, and the trim rings on ceiling vents and A/C unit.

The second weekend (last weekend), I lightly sanded, then washed, all of the aluminum walls & ceiling of the front shell, and painted it with Rustoleum, oil based, semi-gloss in white.

This coming weekend I will sand, wash, and paint the rear shell interior. I plan on painting the luan type walls above stove, above sink & fridge, and bathroom wall facing sink with a cabinet type paint, probably an aqua color.

I am looking at flooring, and thinking of using Coreluxe by Tranquillity - it's an EVP flooring. Has anyone used a vinyl click flooring in their TM? How has it held up with towing, heat, humidity, freezing cold, etc?

Here is a link where I've placed photos of work so far -
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vtesz2hqs...CucILXz3a?dl=0
Old 09-01-2016, 10:00 PM   #2
BrucePerens
TrailManor Master

You might consider placing white HDPE tape on the front shell walls and ceiling where they touch the rear shell when closed. That's a paint wear spot. The 4 inch wide version would be good.

While you are painting, a lighting redo would be appropriate. Replace those flourescents with LEDs. I like this one for the bathroom, sink, and range, but it might be too bright for the bed areas.

Pull the lights out of the two vents, and install the RV Chandelier in their place. You get about 20% more sunlight that way.
Old 09-01-2016, 10:25 PM   #3
HoMiPa
TrailManor Master

Thanks for the info on the tape - I've been wondering if my new paint will be damaged with opening and closing.

I already planned on all new lighting, and have checked out the vent lighting already, along with LED replacements for the flo lights. It will probably be one of the last things I do in the remodel. A sort of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" philosophy.... Only so much 'spare' money each payday. LOL

I haven't decided on window treatments yet. I've ordered fabric swatches, but I have also perused several of the mini blind mods here. I might research micro blinds, or possibly the day/night shades such as Lance uses.

But next up, after painting, will be a cabinet build for the furnace & fresh water tank. Floor will follow after that.
Old 09-01-2016, 11:57 PM   #4
BrucePerens
TrailManor Master

Be sure to drop the lights to paint behind them. The new ones are often smaller.
Old 09-02-2016, 06:20 AM   #5
HoMiPa
TrailManor Master

Ah.. thanks for that - I hadn't planned to - thought I could just paint around them.... They are only on the back shell, so haven't missed any on the front shell.

First up today though is closing her up. Pull old caulking on front shell. Eternabond tape everything. I did the back shell two weekends ago. That fixed the small leak that popped up after my camping trip mid-July. I have another leak that popped up around the front vent. Last time I re-did all the caulking was July 2013, so it was time. I didn't have the money for Eternabond back then.....
Old 09-06-2016, 05:48 PM   #6
HoMiPa
TrailManor Master

Labored most of Labor Day Weekend on my Trailmanor.

Removed caulking from, and cleaned up front shell. Sealed everything with Eternabond. It isn't pretty, but man, that stuff STICKS!

Painted the back shell interior - just the remaining kitchen portion. The bathroom and back bed area I will leave the original cream - at least for now anyway.

Painted the living area and kitchen area portions of the walls that are not aluminum, but a luan type material. I used exterior semi-gloss high endurance - in a teal color.

Decided I will paint all the wood. So, removed all cabinet doors, drawer fronts, and the bathroom door. Removed all hardware from said doors & drawer fronts.

Despite all windows and vents, and the door, wide open, my head was pounding from the exterior paint fumes. I probably killed a million brain cells, and I can't afford to lose even one....

Pictures in the link - https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vtesz2hqs...CucILXz3a?dl=0
Old 09-06-2016, 07:21 PM   #7
Gwenne & Len

Looking interesting!! Wow - you sure are completely redoing it - I look forward to seeing it when finished!
2012 Highlander
Leelanau County, Michigan
Gwenne & Len is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 07:34 PM   #8
HoMiPa
TrailManor Master

Yup! Was dreaming of a new Lance 1475, but decided to remodel the TM to more of what I need/want now that the kids are grown/mostly gone.
Old 09-07-2016, 10:10 AM   #9
CAG1976

Wow, I like how you removed everything. How hard was it to remove the couches? I would like to do some mods to those and it looks like a good time to lay new floor.
Old 09-07-2016, 11:51 AM   #10
HoMiPa
TrailManor Master

CAG1976 -

The smaller couch (curb side love seat with drawers) was really easy to remove.

The larger couch (road side, opens into full bed) was a bit more difficult. It seems some of the rear and fridge side framing is installed prior to the fridge, furnace, and fresh water tank going in. I left some of it in place, because I may use it when building a cabinet around the furnace & water tank. For the bottom framing piece I finally just had to use a pry bar to remove it from under the furnace because there was one screw I couldn't get to without removing the furnace. Wasn't about to start removing anything that I didn't plan to permanently remove...

I am definitely planning a new floor, which is why I ripped out the carpet & linoleum. I'm looking at an EVP click plank vinyl flooring.