TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Appliances
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-17-2013, 08:12 AM   #1
Troglodyte

Default Maiden Voyage - Stove Top

We picked up our 2922 on Saturday and stayed at Sweetwater Forest on Cape Cod for 3 nights. It's a very nice campground and offered full hookups sowe could try everything out. Overall we are extremely happy with the trailmanor. Nobody really wanted to come home when it was time to leave. We have discovered we will need some conservation plans when not hooked up but being historical backpackers I think that will come easily enough.

As with others, there were some issues we have to address either ourselves or suck it up and make the 4 hour drive to the dealer for service. Any comments or suggestions would be welcomed.

1. Water dripping from both WH tank fittings under the sink. It's not much but needs to be addressed
2. The stove cover came off during the trip home and firmly planted it's corner through the top of the hanging cabinet we had on the floor. Fortuneatly it's not visibly when the cabinet is up but we can't have that stove top flying around.
3. The top half of the entrance door doesn't close tightly to the shell. There is a 1/4" gap around the whole top left corner that we can see through so I know rain is going to come in. Is the door alignment adjustable? Should we just put thicker weather stripping on?
4. The 40 gal FW tank indicator shows 1/3 full when it's empty. After reading about some of the wires being installed improperly I will check that first.

I know there were some other minor things but can't remember them now so they must be really minor. We can't wait to get out again...then next trip was planned for mid-May but DW already wants to plan one sooner.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	1.42 MB
ID:	8246  
Troglodyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:14 AM   #2
Troglodyte

"Optimus Prime" as the boys have named our TM. Sorry for the multiple pic posts but I'm working from my photo stream and all of the images have the same name when uploaded.
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	56
Size:	1.23 MB
ID:	8247  
Old 04-17-2013, 08:16 AM   #3
Troglodyte

Beautiful night but a cold 37 degrees. The stars were great.
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	55
Size:	675.3 KB
ID:	8248  
Old 04-17-2013, 09:44 AM   #4
LoriCalif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troglodyte View Post
2. The stove cover came off during the trip home and firmly planted it's corner through the top of the hanging cabinet we had on the floor. Fortuneatly it's not visibly when the cabinet is up but we can't have that stove top flying around.
3. The top half of the entrance door doesn't close tightly to the shell. There is a 1/4" gap around the whole top left corner that we can see through so I know rain is going to come in. Is the door alignment adjustable? Should we just put thicker weather stripping on?
4. The 40 gal FW tank indicator shows 1/3 full when it's empty. After reading about some of the wires being installed improperly I will check that first.
We have had the exact same issues with our one-year old TM, although I just noticed the top of the door wasn't tight yesterday as the sun was shining through it. I was thinking the same thing about the rain! Noticed also that the stove top was just sitting there totally loose, too, and good thing I did, based on your situation.

As for the fresh water tank showing it to be filling up, ours has actually been filling up when we have it set up to the street water, and we have had it back to the TM service twice and nobody can figure out why the tank is filling up when it's only connected to the hookup water. The first time this happened, the tank overflowed at our campsite! This weekend when we go camping I am going to watch it HOURLY and then video it as it happens !!!
Old 04-17-2013, 10:01 AM   #5
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
We picked up our 2922 on Saturday ...
Troglodyte -

When you say the "stove cover" or "stove top", are you referring to the grate on the top of the stove? If so, there is an easy fix. When my first TM was new, I experienced the same thing. The grate would bounce out of the stove top and land on the floor. I posted a fix, but I can't find the post at the moment, so let me outline it again here. My TM is stored, so no pics yet.

1. Take off the grate and take it to your workbench. You will notice that on all four corners, the metal rod extends straight down - this is what pokes through the stovetop into the space where the burners live.
2. File a small flat spot on the side of all four rods, about 1/3 of the way up from the end of the rod. The flat area keeps a drill from wandering.
3. Drill a small hole through the rod in each flat spot.
4. Put a rubber grommet into each of the four holes in the stove top, so the grate rods can poke down through the grommets.
5. Put the grate in place, lift the stove top, put a washer over each rod against the grommet, and a small retainer clip through the hole in each of the four rods.

Voila - the grate is captured and won't bounce out on the road.

Hope this helps.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:06 AM   #6
Northwoods
Site Sponsor

We take our stove top off for every trip. I made a cover for it and it sits on top of our hanging cabinet, for which I also mad a cover. It's a bit of a nuisance, but better than looking like we've been on a ride to Oz. [It may happen today: we have a tornado watch until 10 tonight.] Seems as though Oklahoma's alley has moved to MO.
Northwoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:26 PM   #7
Riwright
TrailManor Master

We use a bungee cord. One end goes through the vent grate on the back of the stove, the other end goes through the door handle.
Riwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 03:03 PM   #8
scrubjaysnest
TrailManor Master

Quote:
................snip

Most likely a wet sensor, they are not very reliable. The gray water can be even worse, it can show full when the tank is empty. Level sensors indicating incorrectly is a very common problem with all RV's

The best thing is don't use water like at home and keep an idea in the back of your mind how much you have used.

mods: 2- 100 watt solar panels, on roof, 300 watts portable

“They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” Benjamin Franklin
scrubjaysnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 03:43 PM   #9
MarkoPolo
TrailManor Master

I have the same door issue, to the point that the latch will not hold. I can get it to stay with the deadbolt, but that is rather inconvenient. I will be taking it in to the dealer April 26th. Our dealer is two and a half hours away. The bungee cord solution was suggested by the dealer and we had no problems with the grate coming loose.
MarkoPolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 03:53 PM   #10
rumbleweed

Did you have a pressure regulator on the city water feed. Many campgrounds have very high pressure. The TM plumbing is not designed for high pressure. Always use a regulator, available at mostRV dealers.