TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2013, 03:54 PM   #1
Laura FM

Default Awaiting my 2417!

I just ordered a 2417 last week. It should be here in about a month. I cannot wait.

We have had two coleman/fleetwood pups in the past 12 years. The first was a 10 foot model, but as our two kids got larger, that one got smaller.Then we got a used 14 ft highwall which was great, but it was getting old, and our kids are now in college, so it seemed too big. We have been looking at other PUPs, and would have bought one if the dealers had not been so slimey and not too bright. But, everything we saw seemed like a big compromise. I even said to my husband that maybe when you buy one you assume you are going to buy another one about 5 years later.

We were in the neighborhood of the TM dealer (Custom RV in Anaheim, about 45mins from our house) and decided to just check out the 2417. The non negotiables for any trailer- must go up our sort of steep driveway (we got the lift kit) and fit in or garage (must be less than 19 feet, 3 inches) and must have a bed that we will not have to climb over each other in the night, preferably a king. So, the 2417 is excellent.

We got it without the toilet (does anyone here have the cabinet? what is it like?), solar panels, ac (which apparently is not an optional option), an extra window on the king sized bed side, quick connect, hitch receiver, fantastic fan. We did not get awning, tv hookups, stereo. They also said they would not put up the cabinet over the double bed - it holds almost nothing, and I am thinking with a few pillows, that area would make a nice little daybed/couch if that cabinet was not where you would put your head back.

I really liked how the dealer/TM will allow you to get exactly what you want. Not so with the PUPs we looked at.

I cannot wait. We should get it about a month before a three week trip we have planned for southern Utah, so plenty of time for a couple of short trail trips.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:15 PM   #2
Beak12

About 5-10 miles (close to I5) from Custom RV is a vary nice RV Park with full hook ups. Which would give you a chance to test everything out. We did that with our Elkmont when we had a couple problems (can't remember what) Custom RV sent someone over to ck it out and make repairs on the spot. We only spent 2 nights there. If I did ito over again I would spend at least 3 nights. You could even go to work. LOL
Old 02-27-2013, 08:24 PM   #3
Laura FM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beak12 View Post
About 5-10 miles (close to I5) from Custom RV is a vary nice RV Park with full hook ups. Which would give you a chance to test everything out. We did that with our Elkmont when we had a couple problems (can't remember what) Custom RV sent someone over to ck it out and make repairs on the spot. We only spent 2 nights there. If I did ito over again I would spend at least 3 nights. You could even go to work. LOL
Cool! any idea what park? We were thinking we would head over to one of the OC state campgrounds and try dry camping first. I guess I can ask them, too, which parks they willmake house calls.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:55 PM   #4
LoveToCamp
TrailManor Master

I was just pondering in the last couple of weeks what we could put in those little cabinets over the double bed! Have not come up with anything, other than the shower curtains, and the privacy curtains. We don't need the privacy curtains, and the shower curtain only gets used every couple of days. With no shower, you don't even have those to put in there.

We are planning a trip to southern Utah in late-June. In doing my research, there sure are lots of beautiful places around there! Have a great trip!
LoveToCamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:34 AM   #5
Beak12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura FM View Post
Cool! any idea what park? We were thinking we would head over to one of the OC state campgrounds and try dry camping first. I guess I can ask them, too, which parks they willmake house calls.
The name of the place is Orangland RV Park not cheep like dry camping but it will allow you to test things real good. And your close enough to Custom RV to get things fixed.

PS: Tried to put a hot link to the RV Park but could not remember how sorry.
Old 02-28-2013, 04:47 PM   #6
Laura FM

Thanks beak12. After you posted that I went on RVReviews and looks for RV parks near the dealer,and that one did look like the best. Staying there seems like a good idea.
Old 02-28-2013, 05:00 PM   #7
Beak12

Laura,
I notice you are a Trial Member. That type of membership only lasts a short time. At some point you will not have access to the full Forum.