TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Interior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2010, 06:20 PM   #1
mbd4kids

Default Idea for bigger bed across sofa area

We have a 3023 with the jack-knife sofa and regular sofa. Like many others, I've been mulling over ideas to make the shorter sofa wider, and possibly make the whole area a large bed. I've finally done it. Eddie Bauer has the folding stools that fold in half along the seat (vs newer collapsible tripod stools). I bought 3 of them today, and when placed along the front of the short sofa, are the perfect height to lay the back sofa pad. I placed them so the medal is perpendicular to the sofa seat so they won't inadvertently fold up. They are 16" high, and probably 14" wide. (2 might work, but they are on sale for only $10.00 with another purchase, so I went with 3). This allows the jack-knife to be opened, and all the cushions line up. Not sure about comfort, but it's a big bed in a pinch. I had planned on stapling some strapping to the back of the smaller cushion that I would then put under the bench pad for securing, but am not sure it will be necessary. The best part is that we can use the stools when not using as bed supports!! I do love easy fixes!

Eddie Bauer- in the stores. Called a cooler stool Dept. 022, style 1606. Lists $19.50, but $9.95 right now.

Still not able to post pics. I will trey to email them.
mbd4kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 11:04 PM   #2
lederhos
Site Sponsor

If it wouldn't be too much trouble, post a picture or two. I am interested in your solution but I'm a visual learner.
Tekonsha Brake Controller
Equalizer WD Hitch/w sway control
lederhos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 07:49 PM   #3
newtome3326k
Site Sponsor

Default Idea for bigger bed across sofa area

I am curious also and would like to see a picture of this fix. If it is not too much trouble would you include the item number for the stools so we can see the right one you used.Where did you purchase these. Thanks
WDH, Brake Controler, 2 Pioneer cameras
newtome3326k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 09:36 PM   #4
TrailGuy77

FWIW!,Sounds like a cool idea if you really need the smaller sofa to serve as a bed too.The 3023 can sleep 5 comfortably in stock configuration though,which is plenty for my purpose.My main reason for buying the 3023 was for the extra room and so no one on the front bed would have to step over anyone who is sleeping on the large couch bed if they had to get up at night while the other is sleeping.

Anyway,I hope it works out great for yourself and others who are interested.I just wanted to state my opinion on this subject.