TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Tires Tires Tires
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2012, 09:22 AM   #11
rvcycleguy
TrailManor Master

That's hard to believe that they would all say No. Are you asking them to pull the TM inside the shop or use a rolling hydraulic floor jack, out on the service driveway?

TM-2002 3124KB
TV-2003 Toyota Tundra V8 4.7L. Fact. Tow Pkg, air bags
2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50c Motorcycle- crashed- parted out
1956 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Motorcycle-sold
2006 Harley Road King
rvcycleguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 09:27 AM   #12
Barb&Tim
TrailManor Master

Heh, I thought Service stations were extinct Sure are around here.
Old 05-14-2012, 11:09 AM   #13
PopBeavers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb&Tim View Post
Heh, I thought Service stations were extinct Sure are around here.
My Chevron station is walking distance from home. They have three bays. Labor is lower than the dealers.

They do not do large repairs, like rebuilding engines, transmissions and differentials.

I have been a customer since 1986.

Several years ago my daughter needed a radiator for her Miata. I asked what the warranty was and he said for as long as my daughter and I owned the car. I ask if he got that warranty from his supplier,. He said no, but that he had a lot of clout with his suppliers and he will use it for his good customers.
Old 05-14-2012, 06:43 PM   #14
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopBeavers View Post
My mechanic uses the normal rolling hydraulic jack. I instructed hi[m] to on use it on the axle.
I hope this is a typo, and you meant "I instructed him NOT to use it on the axle". Both the TM Owners Manual and the Dexter Axle web site are explicit - do not place the jack under the axle. Place the jack on the frame just in front of the axle. If you bend the axle, Dexter will not replace it.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 10:41 PM   #15
grakin

I've never removed my wheel shrouds - they are stuck on with RTV or something similar in addition to the screws.

I did put some heavy-duty black duct tape folded in half so it made a line on both sides. I did this after I chipped one of the shrouds and have left it there. If it is applied neatly and isn't the gray duct tape, it doesn't look bad and it keeps my shrouds in shape. I can easily get my tires on and off, no problem.
Old 05-15-2012, 08:50 AM   #16
PopBeavers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
I hope this is a typo, and you meant "I instructed him NOT to use it on the axle". Both the TM Owners Manual and the Dexter Axle web site are explicit - do not place the jack under the axle. Place the jack on the frame just in front of the axle. If you bend the axle, Dexter will not replace it.

Bill
Yup. You got it right .I got it backwards.
Old 05-15-2012, 08:58 AM   #17
T and C
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by grakin View Post
I've never removed my wheel shrouds - they are stuck on with RTV or something similar in addition to the screws.

I did put some heavy-duty black duct tape folded in half so it made a line on both sides. I did this after I chipped one of the shrouds and have left it there. If it is applied neatly and isn't the gray duct tape, it doesn't look bad and it keeps my shrouds in shape. I can easily get my tires on and off, no problem.
Graken,

They might not be stuck on. The skirts fit into a slot on either side at the bottom. I get mine off by bumping the bottom at each side with the palm of my hand. I move it upward an inch or so, then it comes off. I reverse the process to reinstall.

Tom

TV 2010 F-150 4.6, factory tow pkg, air bags
T and C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:13 AM   #18
PopBeavers

On my 2005 TM 2720 with stock 14 inch wheels and stock Marathons I was able to remove the curb side tire and replace it with the spare without removing the skirt and without popping the shells open.

I had the curb side of the TM raised up high enough with the corner jacks that I was able to lower the tire so that it cleared the TM before it touched the ground.