TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Tires Tires Tires
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2012, 11:02 PM   #1
BannedUsers

Default Tire Pressure Monitors

I am looking at two TPMS units to buy the best possible on on the markest today. The 2 I'm looking at are:

1. http://www.tsttruck.com/Product_List.html
2. http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/r...re-monitor.htm

My concern is ease of setup.

A. I read that some of these units require that you inflate your tires to the recommended inflation pressures and only then install and set up the sensors. Is this true with these two units? Or will installing the sensors at any pressure be read accuratly?

B. Lastly, since the TM has only one axle (2 tires) and my TV has 4 tires, will the display show 4 tire icons for the TV and 2 tire icons for the TM?

I'd love to get answers for these questions to both units and any other good, bad, ugly about the units befor I buy. any and all reccomendations and/or info is greatly appreciated. Thanks
062720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 06:12 AM   #2
rumbleweed

I have the TST system and love it. I had the earlier one and upgraded to the newer one as it is a better design and the batteries in the sensors can be replaced. You do not set anything with the sensors on this unit. Everything is set up on the main display unit and that can be done with out the sensors installed on anything. The display shows a TV and a trailer and then the tires on each that have sensors programmed. As is is capable of working on an 18 wheel big rig, it has 18 available tires to display. I use two on the TV and three on the TM ( one for the spare). it is very easy to use and can be used either plugged in or on battery. The TST system is nice as it also shows tire temp. It is not an accurate reading as it reads the temp in the stem, but it is a great relative reading. It will alert you of a low tire that is heating up or a really bad wheel bearing. It is great peace of mind knowing that it is watching your tires while you watch the road.
PS> There are lots of threads on this in the tire section.
Old 02-18-2012, 07:54 AM   #3
Barb&Tim
TrailManor Master

062720, Just to call your attention to an internal sensor/metal stem that TST will soon be ofering:

There is a small note about this on the TST link that you posted but
here is some more info about it from Dan Covington , the owner of TST that he posted elsewhere:

Quote:
TST will be offering a flow through internal sensor which will come premounted at the base of our valve stem.

The sensors will integrate with our 507 monitor and they will program the exact same way.

Battery life will be somewhat greater due to area within which we can fill with our power supply.

We currently have prototypes in testing, and you can expect to see this technology offerred in March.

Our system will be more accurate than the competition as it is not a flow through but rather a complete valve stem assembly. Their system offers two point of air entrance and escape, allowing greater opportunity for erroneous readings.

Our system will be well worth the wait.

Thank You!

Dan Covington
TST
I have the older 510 TST system so I really cannot comment on the operation of the 507.

Tim
Old 02-18-2012, 08:34 AM   #4
BannedUsers

Thanks for the answers so far... I took the time to clarify my questions above as i don't think they were clear. I will also repost this in the tire section as well. thanks again.
062720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 05:18 PM   #5
moaboy

06etc. - Another suggestion: Get professional help.
Old 02-25-2012, 01:53 PM   #6
Civil_War_Buff
Site Sponsor

I received my TST 507RV system today, very nice and compact. I wanted the replaceable battery transmitters and from all I have read, I am gong to be quite happy with it!!! Now I just can't wait to get the TM ready for the season and the trip to Niagara Falls in June.
2016 KZ Spree Connect C250BHS
2003 Chevy Tahoe
Civil_War_Buff is offline   Reply With Quote