TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-01-2014, 12:55 PM   #1
bigjoe

Default Looking at a 2417

Hello all

I am just doing some research as I am planning on buying a travel trailer next year... Just happen to run across the Trailmanor while surfing the net..

Since it just the wife and I ( maybe the grandson ) I was looking at the 2417.. They seem a little pricey but compare to regular TT... It might be worth it...

I like the fact I can just put in it the garage to store it.... That's a plus....

Now the question is : New or use.....

I send several on used ones on the market and they don't seem to bad...

Any good companies to finance with?

Thanks for your help!

Joe

Currently own a home built ( 5X10 ) Tear Drop camper
Old 06-01-2014, 02:04 PM   #2
Redtail Cruiser
TrailManor Master

Hi Joe and welcome to the TM forum. New ones are pretty spendy , but if your patient, you'll be able to find a "well cared for" used one for a reasonable price.

Good luck in your search and ask questions, cause you will find the answers you looking for from the very knowledgable members on this forum.

By the way if you try the TM dealership in Colorado called "The Car Show" they may be able to provide a good financing option

"A man creates his own legacy. Create a legendary life"
Redtail Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 03:40 PM   #3
Kidkraz
Site Sponsor

Joe,

Welcome to the forum. What's your current tow vehicle? That may have an impact on your desision.
I looked at the 2417 Sport and felt cramped, but I may have gone with the non-sport version that came out shortly there after. The sport is narrower.
Space for parking was one of the big issues for me too. New or used I'm sure you'll enjoy the TrailManor and this forum will give you a great amount of information to help you to decide. Best of luck to you.
2016 Dodge Ram 1500 V8 Hemi
Installed powered folding tow mirrors

Stopped playing with airplanes, now I just enjoy watching them fly by.
Kidkraz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 04:02 PM   #4
Bailey'sMom
Site Sponsor

Default Finance at your local credit union

Hi joe,

Definitely look for a good used model and you can save yourself a lot of money.

As for financing, I would strongly suggest that you visit your local credit union for great rates and terms. Most always will beat the banks or rv dealers.

Sara

(RIP Bailey - 12/6/2020)
Welcome Sophie DOB 1/5/2021
Mini Goldendoodle (who's not so mini)

New to me 2010. 2720SD TrailManor
New to me 2010 Chevy Traverse

Both purchased July 2013

Factory installed 80W solar panel.

New batteries June 30th 2018.
(SLIGC115 Duracell Ultra 6V Deep Cycle Golf Cart Battery x 2)
New bag seals Sept 2020
Rohent R7 HD 1080P RV Wireless Backup Camera Installed Sept 2020
Bailey'sMom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 05:59 PM   #5
LoveToCamp
TrailManor Master

Joe,

We (wife and I) had a 2417 Sport, one of the original models. It had the two bed floorplan, as that was all that was available when they came out in 2012. We sold it this winter, and purchased a 2417 KD (full-width, king bed on one end, dinette on the other). The extra width makes a huge difference! It feels much more roomy.

Don't know as you will find many used 2417 models, and quite unlikely to find a used dinette or sofa version (only one bed), as those just hit the market last fall. Not saying you won't find one, but it may take a while, and you may have to travel.

But, for the two of us, and an occasional guest, we love the 2417 size. Easy to tow (loaded for camping, our 2417 Sport was 3500 lbs. I expect our 2417KD to be about 150 lbs more, as the base weight is 150 more than the Sport), easy to store.

One thing to be aware of, if you plan to dry-camp - some of the early models of the 2417 had 20 gallon fresh tanks. We got a 40-gallon on both of ours, and I would not want a 20 gallon. Plus, the early versions of the Sport had an "11 gallon" gray tank, which actually held 8 gallons. Had to empty every-other day, unless we took showers. Then, I had to empty it daily.

Also, the original 2417s had a smaller 'fridge.

If it were me (it was, a few months ago), I would go with the new model. It has a 30-gallon gray tank. The cassette toilet (I really prefer the cassette) now holds 6 gallons, instead of 3. The 'fridge is larger, and has a freezer. All the controls are inside. I had to manually light my original 2417 water heater, and 'fridge, both on the outside. They are now automatic. The water heater is now 6 gallon, vs. 4 gallon in the older versions.

There are so many improvements in the 2417 lineup, I would bite the bullet and go with a new 2417 KS or KD. That will give you more room, and much better accessories. You can PM me if you want more info on both, as I have owned both.

Also, the new models are available in the Silver Trail design. If I had that option when I ordered ours, I would have gone with it. Very nice-looking setup!

Good luck! Again, send me a private message if you want more details of the difference between old and new versions of the 2417.
LoveToCamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 09:42 PM   #6
Laura FM

We have a 2417 sport (original floorplan) WE LOVE IT! We traded in a 14ft highwall popup, which made sense when we had our two kids with us, but they are now young adults. At best, we might rarely have one for a short trip (our youngest did take a 2 nighter with us earlier this year)

We wanted smaller and simpler, and the 2417 fit the bill. We absolutely must have a bed where we do not have to climb over someone to get out and it had to fit in our 75 year old garage. These were absolute, and the 2417 was perfect. I also wanted an outside storage compartment so we did not constantly have to take things out when we made short stops.

We decided to forgo the toilet, which actually makes it rather spacious inside. Obviously, we are not boondocking.

We recently took it on a 3 week roadtrip through So Utah, and it was great.
Old 06-02-2014, 02:40 PM   #7
moaboy

If u plan to keep your TM for sometime and use it regularly then don't rule out a new one. If you can find what u want in a used one, in good condition, go that route, but that may be hard to do as there are not a lot of them out there, especially the newer ones. It all depends on how serious a camper or traveler u r.
Good luck, there r many happy TM owners out there and you have an excellent dealer in Colorado.
Old 09-04-2014, 05:26 PM   #8
pschwaibold

Default Tm 2417

I had may initial problems with my brand new purchase of a KS Sport. It was very frustrating without having a dealer in VA to do the warranty work. Check who can do the work in your area. I recommend taking your time and looking at the craftsmanship and reading/understanding the manuals. It is a lot of equipment in a small package.
Old 09-04-2014, 08:08 PM   #9
clan_salmons

Where in VA? I know Snyders in Salem sells TM and they have a location in Virginia Beach. That's all I know of.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
clan_salmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 09:44 AM   #10
tentcamper
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by pschwaibold View Post
I had may initial problems with my brand new purchase of a KS Sport. It was very frustrating without having a dealer in VA to do the warranty work. Check who can do the work in your area. I recommend taking your time and looking at the craftsmanship and reading/understanding the manuals. It is a lot of equipment in a small package.

if it's just general stuff. I would check with the factory if you can take it to a none TM service center.
tentcamper is offline   Reply With Quote