TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Plumbing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-05-2010, 01:35 PM   #1
jchmel9719

Default Propane tank refill

2004 TM 3124 with verticle LP tanks.

Do I need to remove the tanks from th TM to have them refilled like a BBQ tank, or can I take it somewhere to fill them while still bolted down?

THX

Jason
Old 05-05-2010, 02:40 PM   #2
Scott O

I read somewhere they need to be removed so they can be vertical when filled. Something to do with the automatic shutoff which is built into the tanks. They are extremely easy to remove.
Old 05-05-2010, 03:40 PM   #3
Al-n-Sue

Generally the refill place will put the tank on a scale as they fill it. Plus the hoses are typically not long enough to reach the trailer if the tanks are still mounted. Your tanks should have the easy opening large plastic nut on the tank. You can take the hose off and on using your hand.
I just did this last weekend. Even removed my hard plaastic cover with the TM set up.
Old 05-07-2010, 09:22 PM   #4
PopBeavers

I usually refill the propane tanks while the TM is parked in the garage. So I take the tanks off and carry them in my truck to get refilled.

The place I go does not weigh them. They just measure how many gallons it took to fill them.

Every spring I take the two TM cylinders, the backyard BBQ cylinder and my small portable cylinder.

On a rare occasion, I have to buy more propane before the end of our camping season.
Old 05-30-2010, 09:07 PM   #5
Reldma

I have used Flying J truck stop to fill propane tanks and I do not have to take them off the camper because they have a hose long enough to reach from their tank. Now that we have a 2720 SL that will make it easier to have them filled plus the tank will remain in the correct position to be filled. You might want to check with the truckstops in your area. I have seen folks who have motorhomes filling up at truckstops. If you have a Schwan home deliver driver ask him where he fills up, because they run their trucks on propane.
Reldma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 09:35 PM   #6
Tuscany Bandit

Just remember that your horizonal tanks on the 2720SL's MUST be filled in the vertical position. There is a sticker warning label on my tanks that say "Fill in vertical position only".