TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Frame
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-13-2010, 08:31 PM   #1
BlueLeader

Default New design 2011 alloy wheels

Visited Custom RV this past Saturday....saw TM has changed design of the optional alloy wheels, I was told because the wheel manufacturer no longer makes the simpler design previously used. Here's what the new one looks like...personally, I don't care for it. The older style very closely matched the wheels on my FJ Cruiser. What do you all think?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SDC10510.JPG
Views:	178
Size:	394.1 KB
ID:	5132  
Old 10-13-2010, 09:16 PM   #2
Wavery
TrailManor Master

What model trailer is that?

It has 6, lugs. Did TM change to a 5K# axle?

BTW.......The wheels look OK to me......but then I'm happy with the white steel ones though...
Old 10-14-2010, 01:48 PM   #3
BlueLeader

It's a new 3124KB. Matt told me they don't usually stock this model, but knowing we plan to get one, and having this one on the lot (actually, in the street) to deliver to a customer, offered to let us check it out.
Old 11-02-2010, 02:33 PM   #4
moaboy

Does anyone have any advice for some type of cap to fill in the opening over the rubber grease zert on the "old style" alloy wheel? It is about 3 inches across the opening. More of a cosmetic issue since the rubber plug seals the area around the zert. Just looks unfinished to me. Thanks.
Old 11-02-2010, 02:38 PM   #5
mcgyver210
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by moaboy View Post
Does anyone have any advice for some type of cap to fill in the opening over the rubber grease zert on the "old style" alloy wheel? It is about 3 inches across the opening. More of a cosmetic issue since the rubber plug seals the area around the zert. Just looks unfinished to me. Thanks.
My after market Alloy wheels I installed had caps for the hole but I didn't use them since I like to inspect the hub & grease it a little after a trip.

If you just want a Rubber cap maybe a Bearing buddy cap would work.Bearing Buddy Cap

2008 3023
2016 Ford F150 Platinum FX4
2003 Land Rover Discovery
EAZLift 1000lb WDH & Sway Control
Tekonsha P-3 Trailer Brake Controller - Proportional

http://www.hickscarpetcare.com/forum...mpSite2008.jpg
mcgyver210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 04:31 PM   #6
scrubjaysnest
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLeader View Post
Visited Custom RV this past Saturday....saw TM has changed design of the optional alloy wheels, I was told because the wheel manufacturer no longer makes the simpler design previously used. Here's what the new one looks like...personally, I don't care for it. The older style very closely matched the wheels on my FJ Cruiser. What do you all think?
Our 2011 2720SL has the old style alloy wheels with a 6 bolt pattern
scrubjaysnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 03:33 PM   #7
BGR123

I have those wheels on my 2013 2720. How does one remove the black cap to get to the zerk fittings?
Old 06-23-2014, 04:14 PM   #8
DoubleT

To remove rubber center part of zert cover use a small flat screw driver to lift up the lip. I usually remover the whole metal cap when greasing mine that way you can see the old grease being pushed out by the new. In the past instead of a Bearing Buddy Cap (which always seem to disappear at the boat ramp) I use the peel apart cap/top on a 5 gallon water bottle the kind you use on a water dispenser/office cooler. Works like a champ fits on very snug and very inexpensive!
TV 2012 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4.6 V-8 w/Tow Pkg
Air Bags, Swing Hitch
DoubleT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 10:52 PM   #9
BGR123

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleT View Post
To remove rubber center part of zert cover use a small flat screw driver to lift up the lip. I usually remover the whole metal cap when greasing mine that way you can see the old grease being pushed out by the new. In the past instead of a Bearing Buddy Cap (which always seem to disappear at the boat ramp) I use the peel apart cap/top on a 5 gallon water bottle the kind you use on a water dispenser/office cooler. Works like a champ fits on very snug and very inexpensive!
The 15" alloys I have do not have rubber covers. They are chrome center hubs like in the picture in the first post with black covers, both plastic I think. I tried to get a screw driver behind that black cover but there is no space to pry it off and did not want to break it.
Old 06-24-2014, 06:20 AM   #10
Padgett
TrailManor Master

Think you are talking about two different things:
1) rubber hub center on EZ-Libe axle - I bought a pack of 5 from Amazon. $8 inc shipping.
2) chrome/black center cap on wheel - should snap in but ones on my Vixen install from the back, must remove wheel from axle to remove cap. Can't tell which from picture