TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Trailmanor Elkmont Models
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2010, 03:38 PM   #1
cochise

Default Elkmont 24 warning

While emptying my Elkmont yesterday before bringing it up for more warranty repair, I lifted the bed to fetch a few items we keep there.... [it broke - long rant deleted]
cochise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 04:46 PM   #2
Beak12

I'm sorry to hear about more problems with a 24' Elkmont (especally because I own one) I have had a few issues but TM has taken care of them nothing out of my pocket.
At the last CA rally (Sept) Matt from Custom RV told us that TM is now being managed by a Bob Eickoff. As I understand it Mr. Eickoff was/is a part owner of Custom RV in CA. Matt expects thing to smooth out at TM in the near future.

John
Old 10-23-2010, 09:47 AM   #3
brulaz

Early purchasers of the Elkmont were guinea pigs. But, as you say, Trailmanor seems to be working hard to fix the problems.

With respect to my roof leaks, Ed at Trailmanor suggested that I find a good local RV dealer who could do the repairs. But I ended up contacting Mentor RV in Ohio. Trailmanor then decided to pick up the trailer at Mentor RV and bring it back to the factory for repairs. I will encourage them to do any other upgrades, even though we haven't had the same problems Cochise had.

I get the impression that the 2011 models have many of these issues resolved.
Old 06-16-2012, 03:15 PM   #4
Chester

We have a 2012 Elkmont 24 and have had no problems with it until today--Saturday 6/16/12. While packing for a trip our bed came apart just as your bed did. I would like to discuss the solution you took with you. From the warning you issued it appears the factory sent a new panel. Did you install it or have it installed? How long did it take to get it? Are you satisfied with the outcome?

Ant help will be greatly appreciated.

Chet
Old 08-12-2012, 08:32 AM   #5
Dave E

Default Dealer Repair better than new

We bought a 2010 Elkmont from The Car Show in Colorado Springs, CO in June 2009. On our third trip the bed pulled away from the wall. The Car Show repaired our bed in-house better than new and we have had no trouble since. It has been almost three years now.
Dave Easley
Old 09-26-2012, 10:50 PM   #6
robertkennel

Chet,
If I remember correctly, I think Cochise returned his trailer to TrailManor for a full refund. He may not have responded to your post because he may not follow the forum anymore. Robert