TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > How to and Modifications
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2012, 02:03 PM   #21
Scottie Dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by cRay60 View Post
Just bought a 2008 2720. Had a 4" PVC pipe mounted to the tounge of the trailer that had the sewer hose in it. The problem was you had to take off the fittings everytime to get the hose to fit in the 4" tube. That was a pain. Plus it was kind of ugly. Next size PVC is 6", way to big. I found a 4 3/4" square white PVC fence post at Lowes. Cut it down to 5' and mounted the end cap on one end with 2 SS screws. I found a white offset self closing hinge in the cabinet section and mounted it to the other end with another end cap aslo using SS bolts and lock nuts. I mounted it under the back of the tounge right behind the battery box using some very heavy duty cable ties around the frame. (May come up with a more permenant mounting device later). Works great! new rhino hose with fittings fit great. It got dark by time I got it mounted so I will add those pics later.
Here is a little story, I went to Lowes this morning to check out the fence post, they only had one, and it was a return 8’. They don’t handle this PVC fence stuff anymore only special order. Well they had a price tag on it for $25.00 and I said you got to be NUTS this is your last one, I will give you $10.00 and that is it. He made a couple of calls and said no problem and the the end caps were a dollar each. They are a little different but I can live with that. Now I got pictures of the install and get to work on this, it should be pretty easy.

Thanks for this

Dave
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1778.JPG
Views:	233
Size:	148.1 KB
ID:	6905  
Old 02-08-2012, 06:37 PM   #22
rumbleweed

I noticed that shade of white on the 4" plastic fence posts varies considerably from shipment to shipment ( may be oxidation not sure) so there always seem to be a few of the posts from the last shipment in the bin that don't match. These are usually marked down considerably as no one wants a fence with $25 posts that don't match. Also the hardware and deocrative cap are usually taped inside one end and after lots of moving around they get lost. I have gotten several 8 ft sections that were marked down to less than $10.
Old 02-11-2012, 02:20 PM   #23
scrubjaysnest
TrailManor Master

I did a variation of this with 3" pvc sewer line to carry poles for tarps. I mounted it under the front/rear shell torsion bar pivot point.

mods: 2- 100 watt solar panels, on roof, 300 watts portable

“They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” Benjamin Franklin
scrubjaysnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 04:16 PM   #24
Scottie Dogs

I made my sewer hose container today. Now I have to install it. I got some coated wire cable and clamps. We are getting ready for long trips.

Here is a nice campground I found today for our long stays during the summer months when it is 115 degrees here in Gold Canyon Az. http://www.happyjacklodge.com/ This place looks nice and way up in the mountains, 140 miles from our home nice in cool in the summer.

We are not dry campers we like all the frills, that is what you call age.

S/S checks every month that pays for travel.

Dave
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1779.JPG
Views:	204
Size:	212.9 KB
ID:	6908  
Old 02-11-2012, 04:55 PM   #25
hillbillyhotel
TrailManor Master

S/S checks every month that pays for travel

we like to call that mailbox money, sure hope to make it to see it happen,

going to have to do one also, like others, went and got a new rino hose, well it will not fit it the older tube bumper, looks like a easy upgrade thou,

RANDY & VICKIE
2003 3124 KS
TV 02 AVALANCHE 2500 4X4 8.1L
W/ PRODIGY B.C.,MAXXIS 10 PLY,HONDA 3000I

TM HISTORY
(88) TM 25 KING, (91) TM 23,(98) 3023, (03) 3124KS
hillbillyhotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 05:15 PM   #26
scrubjaysnest
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottie Dogs View Post
I made my sewer hose container today. Now I have to install it. I got some coated wire cable and clamps. We are getting ready for long trips.

Here is a nice campground I found today for our long stays during the summer months when it is 115 degrees here in Gold Canyon Az. http://www.happyjacklodge.com/ This place looks nice and way up in the mountains, 140 miles from our home nice in cool in the summer.

We are not dry campers we like all the frills, that is what you call age.

S/S checks every month that pays for travel.

Dave
Frills for us is a hose bib and an outhouse. Thats about all the monthly s/s check will cover. We did meet HillBillyhotel at Cumberland Gap, that was nice Electric and hot showers. We should hit Az about April.

Oh! by the way found this link in another thread on the forums for sewer hose storage.

http://rvbasics.com/techtips/RV-Sewer-Hose-Storage.html

mods: 2- 100 watt solar panels, on roof, 300 watts portable

“They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” Benjamin Franklin
scrubjaysnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 10:11 AM   #27
kokilo

The RV basics design referenced in the previous article was terrific. Using the eves trough as a carrier in the tube and then as a sewer line support takes care of a lot of problems. The handle is nice too.

Peter
Old 02-12-2012, 02:02 PM   #28
Lesherp
Site Sponsor

I have never had a problem getting mine in and out but the idea of using the rain gutter for hose support sounds like it may be worth a try. I am not sure exactly how they secure the high end or what they do with any extra length though. I am thinking a bungee cord around the trailer plumbing and what ever extra you have extends under the trailer. I had been considering getting one of those flex sewer hose supports as using the short 2x4's I carry anyway just in case has been a pain.

Dealer Options:swing tongue, sink cabinet, awning, air conditioning, tile

Modification: 15“ tires & monitor system, WDH, Prodigy B.C., 2-6 V. batteries & clipper monitor, LED's. Additional modifications can be seen in albums.
Pictures of campsites and places we visited can be seen at https://www.flickr.com/photos/101899116@N06/sets/.

Lesherp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 02:43 PM   #29
Pitbull

My 2011 2720SL has the rear bumper storage and it holds alot of hose and all the fittings, with a pitched drain.

Koz
Old 02-12-2012, 02:55 PM   #30
Lesherp
Site Sponsor

The bumper storage is nice and large. I found that there were a number of other things I wanted to store there. I didn’t like storing them in with the sewer hose. Having the fence post storage for me provided a place to put my sewer stuff where it did not contaminate anything else.

Dealer Options:swing tongue, sink cabinet, awning, air conditioning, tile

Modification: 15“ tires & monitor system, WDH, Prodigy B.C., 2-6 V. batteries & clipper monitor, LED's. Additional modifications can be seen in albums.
Pictures of campsites and places we visited can be seen at https://www.flickr.com/photos/101899116@N06/sets/.

Lesherp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fence post, sewer hose storage