TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Plumbing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-09-2009, 08:00 PM   #1
Cappy915

Question Help!! Leak Under Kitchen Sink!!

Could anyone share some info or helpful hints on how to take out the sink and/or kitchen faucet. I found a leak that I think is coming from the bottom of the kitchen sink. It really looks to be a pain in the neck to get to the connections, especially with the "crimped brass looking" fittings on each water supply line. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks,Cappy915
Old 04-10-2009, 05:05 AM   #2
commodor47
Site Sponsor

The answer can depend upon what model and year TM you own. For future reference, consider listing your model and year in your signature.

On our unit the 20 gallon fresh water tank sits under the sink. The fresh water fill neck has a tendency to leak while filling the tank. It also leaks some under tow when the tank is filled to the top. The issue is the type of filler hose. This makes it near impossible to clamp the hose tight enough to prevent a small leak at the tank connection. There have been a few posts describing a remedy.

Another possibility is the hot water tank. In some cases condensation can occur between the hot water tank and the insulation causing water drops to appear on items beneath the tank.

Or it could also be coming from the sink drain?

Dick
Albums
commodor47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 05:34 AM   #3
Cappy915

I have a 2000 3124 KS. The leak only happens when the water is connected outside & turned on. I have a filter & pressure valve on hose. When the water is on, it drips from the top of the lines near the faucet but drips so much it's really hard to tell if it's the line,faucet or connection. Thanks for your help!!
Old 04-10-2009, 07:18 AM   #4
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

When working under the sink, I have found a couple things to be quite handy.

First, remove the cabinet doors, with their hinges, by removing the hinge screws that go into the cabinet frame. They come off very easily, takes less than a minute.

Second, remove the vertical wooden bar in the middle of the opening where the cabinet doors come together. Is this called the stile? Someone help me out here. Anyway, it is held in place with four angled screws, and comes out quite easily, and again takes less than a minute.

Now, with the cabinet face opened up, you can get at the insides much more easily.

Next step - get a small mirror, maybe 2 inches by 3 inches. You may have one around the house, your wife may donate one, or (best idea) you can buy an adjustable one on a handle from a hardware store for a few bucks. Now you can see behind things.

With this start, you should be able to spot the problem, and decide on a solution, much more easily.

If the leak is spurting too fast for you to be sure of the source, then slow down the leak. With city water connected, open the hose valve on the side of the house just a tiny bit. If it is still too fast, turn on a faucet in the bathroom or outside shower to bleed off some of the pressure. When the leak slows down to a drop every second or two, you should be able to pinpoint it.

Figuring out what the problem is, is the biggest step toward fixing it.

Hope this helps

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 12:57 AM   #5
larsdennert

Just reach up and tighten the supply lines. They screw onto the faucet.