TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Towing and Hitching
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2008, 08:23 PM   #11
vrlattu

I ran an air lift kit on my old explorer and pop up combo... the old pop up forbid use of a WDH so it was the only way to level the unit out... If I had the optioin I would go this way over the shocks... with 4 - 10 lbs of air there was no difference in ride wtih 70 I could load the rear of the explorer with luggage and hitch up the pop up (a large one front storage) and it would sit level.
Old 05-11-2008, 07:37 PM   #12
viking

Today I got back from my first trip after I had the Monroe Air Shocks installed on my Jeep Grand Cherokee. The air shocks did what I wanted them to do which was to raise the wheel well so I had more clearance with the rear tire. I still use my WDH with the air shocks. Before using the air shocks I had no problems in towing the 3326. After installing the air shocks I noticed no difference in ride or tow ability. After taking off the TM I let the extra air out of the shocks so that the Jeep rides level and a little softer.
Old 05-12-2008, 11:54 PM   #13
larsdennert

I guess my posting would be irrelevant at this point. For the record, I tow my 2720 with a 1999 4Runner with 33" tires, 3.5" lift springs, air lift bags and no WDH. Needless to say I do not agree with the comments against the idea of lift bags in this thread. Some will argue that without a WDH, you are unloading the front end too much. Depends on the vehicle setup IMO. A half ton chevy truck might need a WDH but the one ton version won't yet it's the same 500 lbs sitting on the back of the truck. Think about that...

Feel free to read up on the mods on my web site for info on the bags. http://www.larsdennert.com/4runner