TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2008, 12:48 PM   #1
bws600

Smile 2000 3124KB...is this a good/fair deal?

My wife and I have just recently decided that this year we will start doing some traveling and camping. We will be using her 2004 Toyota 4-Runner Limited 4x4 to pull the TT. I came across the TM product and it looks like it fits the bill due to light weight and size.

I've come across a 2000 3124KB in average to above average condition...functional but not many bells a whistles. So far all looks clean and well maintained. They are asking $11,000 for it. Is this fair? The NADA says closer to $9000, but the TM's seem hard to find used--and I don't want to let one slip by and then go into the summer without.

Also, My first choice probably would have been the 2720, or 3023...but I figure the extra size can't hurt, and I have a place to keep it and the Toyota should pull it ok. (the manual says 5000lb or 7000lb with a weight distribution hitch) Any other thoughts???????

Also, anything other than the usual to watch out for with this model???

Thanks in advance!
Old 02-05-2008, 07:38 PM   #2
EdfromMaine

We pull a 3124KB with our Honda Ridgeline, tows great with no problem at all, you should find it the same with your Toyota. We like the extra storage and sleeping spaces. We use the front bed as a place to hang out and as extra sleeping quarters for family and friends. Not a lot of extra floor space to move around in. Get the WDH.
Old 02-05-2008, 09:28 PM   #3
Kentwesley

If you have the space to store it and a TV to tow it, I would definitely go for 3023 or bigger. The 3124KB sounds like a decent deal. Like you said, used TMs that match your preference...and in the same geographic region are hard to come by. It took me a while to find mine.... That being said, I would conduct a thorough inspection of the TM.... 2000 is fairly old and a lot could have happened in 8 years.
Old 02-29-2008, 05:31 PM   #4
Pat Stafford

Default Fair value

What shape is it in? That is the key factor. $9500 to $10000 might be OK if everything is great. Check the tires though. If they are original equipment, factor in a new set and also have the wheel bearings verified. Replace if necessary. Be sure to fire up the furnace and hot water heater. Check that it opens and closes without any complications. It gets easier after that.